Main Menu

Gigs

Started by Slim, February 24, 2022, 10:14:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

captainkurtz

Quote from: Slim on May 01, 2022, 12:05:00 PMOdd to me, that. I respect Gary Kemp as a songwriter but he's not a guitar player of particular renown so why's he doing that? A bit like Neil Finn being in Fleetwood Mac.
Early Floyd doesn't really require the kind of player that post Dark Side would require?

Nick

Early Floyd doesn't really have any distinctive guitar sound.

Slim

I didn't know it was only early Floyd actually but if anything that just makes it more odd. Why is a household name pop star with no particular connection to Pink Floyd doing a job that a competent unknown could do just as well?
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: Nick on May 01, 2022, 08:15:48 PMEarly Floyd doesn't really have any distinctive guitar sound.
I beg to differ, Syd had a very Syd sound, and after Syd we get David "Don't call me Dave" Gilmour and his signature style in at least embryonic mode.

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: Slim on May 01, 2022, 09:42:48 PMI didn't know it was only early Floyd actually but if anything that just makes it more odd. Why is a household name pop star with no particular connection to Pink Floyd doing a job that a competent unknown could do just as well?
Because he's a big fan of early Floyd. He's probably mates with Guy Pratt too. Might well be mates with Lee Harris too, the man who brought Saucerful of Secrets into existence. Oh, he's got a Bike - or n+1 - too.

IMHO you won't see a better show than this, worth it for Vegetable Man :)

captainkurtz

Tool tonight (and next Monday and Tuesday)
Saucerful tomorrow
Spiritualized on wed.

Can't wait.

Ali

Quote from: captainkurtz on May 02, 2022, 08:33:06 AMTool tonight (and next Monday and Tuesday)
Saucerful tomorrow
Spiritualized on wed.

Can't wait.

Tool tonight for me too Hass 👍

Saucerful was a fortnight ago and Spiritualized on Sunday for me (may squeeze Helloween in on Wednesday for good measure 😉)

You have exceptional musical tastes sir! 😁

Nick

Jealous of you guys, the South west is a virtual gig wasteland. Very few bands travel past Bristol.

Ali

Quote from: Nick on May 02, 2022, 12:35:06 PMJealous of you guys, the South west is a virtual gig wasteland. Very few bands travel past Bristol.

I know Nick, a real pain for you in that neck of the woods 😞

Even here in Liverpool, we're left off gig itineraries more often than not, meaning I'm usually travelling to Manchester or beyond

captainkurtz

Quote from: Nick on May 02, 2022, 12:35:06 PMJealous of you guys, the South west is a virtual gig wasteland. Very few bands travel past Bristol.
Nine Inch Nails at the Eden project?  That is a monstrous journey for me, with lots of logistical issues, but fuck it...

Rufus_the_dawg

Quote from: Slim on May 01, 2022, 02:36:17 PMi saw Eric Clapton playing with Roger about 38 years ago. He played the rhythm and arpeggio parts spot on, but he improvised some of the solos. I don't really like Eric's sense of improvisation outside the Blues.
I agree, there is a clip of EC playing with Hawkwind awful. John Etheridge playing with hawkwind are a couple made in heaven. I miss Huw Lloyd Langton

Rufus_the_dawg

Quote from: Fishy on April 30, 2022, 08:03:04 PMOld pink floyd sucks to be honest...

can I add most PF sucks.

Fishy

Quote from: Rufus_the_dawg on May 02, 2022, 06:27:38 PM
Quote from: Fishy on April 30, 2022, 08:03:04 PMOld pink floyd sucks to be honest...

can I add most PF sucks.

No you can't add that please withdraw that rash statement 🙄🙄
From The Land of Honest Men

Blastzone

Rammstein going to play Hampden sometime next year ...First time in Scotland since 2005 . A must for me

captainkurtz

Quote from: captainkurtz on May 02, 2022, 08:33:06 AMTool tonight (and next Monday and Tuesday)
Saucerful tomorrow
Spiritualized on wed.

Can't wait.
Tool - 4/5
SOF - 4.5/5
Spiritualized- 5/5