Main Menu

Gigs

Started by Slim, February 24, 2022, 10:14:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

Interesting job, what band has impressed you most that's unlikely to be on our watch lists?

cygnusxdave

Quote from: Nick on April 18, 2022, 01:50:32 PMInteresting job, what band has impressed you most that's unlikely to be on our watch lists?

Out of the ones mentioned that I've worked at recently, it was the bands from the 'heavier' end of the spectrum; Royal Blood, Ghost. Not really my thing, but Stormzy put on a good show, as did The Lumineers. The War On Drugs were a bit of a surprise as I was expecting a country-ish Americana band, but live, they were almost a jam band - big guitar solos in nearly every song. The biggest surprise was a few years ago at Wembley Stadium. Pink played a couple of shows there and she was brilliant. A great show with a full band and she's got a fantastic voice. 

pdw1

Quote from: pdw1 on April 14, 2022, 05:58:52 PMoff to see Devin Townsend on Tuesday in Cambridge. Acoustic sit down gig which will be strange but he is always fun
Well that was fun. I think we were treated to a one man acoustic rock space opera for at least the first ten minutes and a stand up routine and a sing along with a woman in the audience who knew the words better than him. And we all fell off our chairs laughing too.

Rufus_the_dawg

EXTC Shrewsbury Theatre severn 31 july.

I love XTC.

Ali

Quote from: Rufus_the_dawg on April 29, 2022, 12:13:06 AMEXTC Shrewsbury Theatre severn 31 july.

I love XTC.

Me too, you'll love it - saw them in Blackpool in February, amazing gig with an incredible setlist 👌

I'll be seeing them again in Manchester at the end of July 😁

Rufus_the_dawg

Quote from: Ali on April 29, 2022, 11:35:25 PM
Quote from: Rufus_the_dawg on April 29, 2022, 12:13:06 AMEXTC Shrewsbury Theatre severn 31 july.

I love XTC.

Me too, you'll love it - saw them in Blackpool in February, amazing gig with an incredible setlist 👌

I'll be seeing them again in Manchester at the end of July 😁

It is a shame Colin Mouding is not playing with them, I like his songs the best- Sacrificial Bonfire

pdw1

Tool on Wednesday at the NEC
then
Muse the week after at the Hammy O

Fishy

I love XTC.
I love XTC as well
From The Land of Honest Men

Nickslikk2112

Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets in Sheffield tonight  :)

Old Pink Floyd Good, New Pink Floyd Bad

Rufus_the_dawg

Quote from: Nickslikk2112 on April 30, 2022, 03:01:25 PMNick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets in Sheffield tonight  :)

Old Pink Floyd Good, New Pink Floyd Bad

Division bell is ok and Momentary laps of reason has some good songs.

Fishy

Old pink floyd sucks to be honest...
From The Land of Honest Men

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: Fishy on April 30, 2022, 08:03:04 PMOld pink floyd sucks to be honest...
It's great, even when played by an ex Spand

Slim

Odd to me, that. I respect Gary Kemp as a songwriter but he's not a guitar player of particular renown so why's he doing that? A bit like Neil Finn being in Fleetwood Mac.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Thenop

Quote from: Slim on May 01, 2022, 12:05:00 PMOdd to me, that. I respect Gary Kemp as a songwriter but he's not a guitar player of particular renown so why's he doing that? A bit like Neil Finn being in Fleetwood Mac.

Got to have a job I suppose. Similar to Andy Latimer trying out for the Roger Waters led outfit years ago. Didn't do it in the end though. Latimer is a bit of a good player I'll give you that.

Slim

i saw Eric Clapton playing with Roger about 38 years ago. He played the rhythm and arpeggio parts spot on, but he improvised some of the solos. I don't really like Eric's sense of improvisation outside the Blues.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan