Main Menu

Gigs

Started by Slim, February 24, 2022, 10:14:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ali

Quote from: pxr5 on March 03, 2022, 07:05:43 PM"Kate Bush-ka" - great name.  :)

;D indeed, brilliant tribute act, check out her online footage 👌

Nickslikk2112

12th May 2022 - Von Hertzen Brothers - Rescue Rooms, Nottingham   :D

Fishy

Back to the Kings Theatre tonight for Stewart Lee
From The Land of Honest Men

Matt2112

Fri 1st Apr - STEWART LEE, Leeds Playhouse
Sat 16th Apr - The Vaccines, Leeds Academy (chaperoning)
Fri 6th May - STEWART LEE, Bradford St George's Hall
Wed 22nd Jun - YES, York Barbican
Sat 17th Sep - KING'S X, Holmfirth Picturedrome
Sat 19th Nov - THE SAW DOCTORS, Leeds Academy

I think that's it.  That last one a completely unexpected announcement and I nabbed a ticket today; 10 years since they last played that venue - it was on my birthday as well..!

R6GYY

Quote from: R6GYY on February 25, 2022, 11:25:57 AMNothing booked as yet, but there are currently a couple of gigs coming up at the Buckley Tivoli that I am interested in.

FM - Friday, August 12, 2022
Vandenberg: Saturday, December 3, 2022

If money was no object (and it definitely is) I'd be off to see:

Rick Wakeman and The English Rock Ensemble (nearest is Birmingham O2 Academy on March 31)

Grrr... the FM show has disappeared from the Tivoli listings. Bumhole.

dom

Just got tickets to see Yes in Dublin at the end of June.

Wasn't going to bother when it was based around Relayer but they've switched now to Close To The Edge so I'm in

Haven't seen them since 83 and the 90125 tour! Almost 40 years!

Fishy

Yes but not as we know it....

Relayer is light-years ahead of CttE imho

dom

Quote from: Fishy on March 25, 2022, 10:01:30 AMYes but not as we know it....

Relayer is light-years ahead of CttE imho

Unless they were in the audience only Alan White was in Wembley '83. Apparently Trevor Horn brought Frankie Goes to Hollywood to Wembley that night so there may have been more celebrities present.

Never really got on with Relayer, love Close to The Edge though. Runs Going For The One very close as my favourite album of theirs

Matt2112

Shame they're not tackling Sound Chaser - I was looking forward to that.

Fishy

Sound Chaser Patrick Moraz ..quite a handsome track

Matt2112

Quote from: Fishy on March 25, 2022, 11:39:47 PMSound Chaser Patrick Moraz ..quite a handsome track

True - but "Bathsh!t" is one of the first adjectives to come to my mind.  ;D

Slim

Sea Power last night, O2 Institute, Brum. I've seen them at least ten times over the last few years but that was possibly the best one so far. Wonderful atmosphere, terrific set.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

pdw1

off to see Devin Townsend on Tuesday in Cambridge. Acoustic sit down gig which will be strange but he is always fun

cygnusxdave

I've not paid for a gig since seeing Devin Townsend at The Roundhouse on the Empath Tour in December 2019.

I work at Wembley Arena and the standing shows at The O2.

In the last month, I've worked at Stormzy, Royal Blood, Simple Minds, Sam Fender, Five Seconds Of Summer, Bastille, Camelphat ( a rave featuring a pair of DJ's) Ghost, The War On Drugs, another rave featuring Armin Van Buuren, and last night was Craig David.

Got quite a cosmopolitan selection coming up in the next two weeks. The Masked Singer tonight, then Louis Tomlinson, Dream Theater, The Kaiser Chiefs, Ateez (a K-pop boy band), Arijit Singh, Bill Bailey and Gary Numan.

pdw1

Quote from: cygnusxdave on April 18, 2022, 11:19:01 AMI've not paid for a gig since seeing Devin Townsend at The Roundhouse on the Empath Tour in December 2019.

I work at Wembley Arena and the standing shows at The O2.

In the last month, I've worked at Stormzy, Royal Blood, Simple Minds, Sam Fender, Five Seconds Of Summer, Bastille, Camelphat ( a rave featuring a pair of DJ's) Ghost, The War On Drugs, another rave featuring Armin Van Buuren, and last night was Craig David.

Got quite a cosmopolitan selection coming up in the next two weeks. The Masked Singer tonight, then Louis Tomlinson, Dream Theater, The Kaiser Chiefs, Ateez (a K-pop boy band), Arijit Singh, Bill Bailey and Gary Numan.

I'd have to be paid to listen to most of those  :P