Main Menu

Gigs

Started by Slim, February 24, 2022, 10:14:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pudders

Quote from: The Picnic Wasp on December 02, 2022, 05:17:41 PMIs Andy Scott the one who used to deliberately lip sync badly during Blockbuster on TOTP?

I don't know, if I get a chance I'll ask!

R6GYY

Quote from: R6GYY on October 18, 2022, 01:27:17 PMFM: Friday, August 12, 2022, Buckley Tivoli
Mugenkyo Taiko Drummers: Friday, September 30, 2022 - St. Asaph Cathedral
Level 42: Sunday, November 6, 2022 - Venue Cymru, Llandudno
London Film Music Orchestra - A Tribute To Hans Zimmer & John Williams: Saturday, March 11, 2023 - St. Asaph Cathedral
Tyketto / FM / Dare: Thursday, May 18, 2023, Buckley Tivoli

Neillwith2Ls

After not doing many gigs the last few years (2022; Pearl Jam twice in Hyde Park, Nick Mason in Guildford; both Covid-affected rescheduled dates, and PT at Wembley) I've got a few smaller gigs booked for 2023 already:

Jan. 31st - Kula Shaker @ Brighton Chalk
Mar. 23rd - Paul Draper @ Boiler Room, Guildford (doing Mansun's 'Six' live)
Apr. 23rd - Reef @ Boiler Room, Guildford (with When Rivers Meet supporting)
May 1st - Jorge Drexler @ Barbican Centre, London

Plus my usual slew of pub gigs with 3 different bands!  ;)

No 'big' gigs booked yet. I have to say that nothing's really appealed, and if it has I've been put off by the ticket prices (£112 for a GA ticket for Gn'R in Hyde Park?! Too much). Hoping to add to the list though.

Matt2112

Hyde Park is an awful venue for big gigs.

captainkurtz

Quote from: Matt2112 on January 06, 2023, 12:10:49 AMHyde Park is an awful venue for big gigs.
Unless you're at the very front and it's a beautiful summers day/night, as I/it was back in July when I was there for Pearl Jam - one of the highlights of 2022...not just as a gig, but just as an experience..

Matt2112

Quote from: captainkurtz on January 06, 2023, 07:42:05 PM
Quote from: Matt2112 on January 06, 2023, 12:10:49 AMHyde Park is an awful venue for big gigs.
Unless you're at the very front and it's a beautiful summers day/night, as I/it was back in July when I was there for Pearl Jam - one of the highlights of 2022...not just as a gig, but just as an experience..

Well, yes. :)

Full disclosure - I was there on chaperone duty (as you know ;)), hence wasn't interested in any of the bands and, during the set of headliners The Libertines (this was the "summer" of 2014), took advantage of a very quiet on-site bar and just got steaming while having bants with the staff.

Still, if you're not in plastic pint throwing distance of the stage, it's a rubbish location - even the tube stops of Hyde Park Corner, Marble Arch and Lancaster Gate seem an interminable hike.

Ali

Cracking show by the Von Hertzen Brothers in the very compact, hot and sweaty Night and Day in Mancunia last night. Would have loved to see the London show tonight too, with the not inconsiderable bonus of the excellent Marisa and the Moths supporting  8)

Great to catch up with Nick and always radiant Mrs S after so long  :D

Nickslikk2112

It was indeed a cracking show. You never get a bad show from the VHBs. Should be huge, but I prefer being able to get up close and sweaty with them  :)

Nice to see young Ali too after a few years.

Matt2112

Sun 18th June - YES, Manchester Bridgewater Hall
Tue 20th June - MUSE / ROYAL BLOOD, Huddersfield John Smith's Stadium
Wed 28th June - IRON MAIDEN, Leeds First Direct Arena

Wed 22nd May - RICHARD MARX, London Royal Albert Hall

Ali

1 Feb. Von Hertzen Brothers, Night & Day, Manchester
3 Feb. Epica/Apocalyptica, Academy, Manchester
11 Feb. StillMarillion, Live Rooms, Chester
18 Feb. Marisa and the Moths, Factory 251, Manchester
3 Mar. Heartbreak - the Tom Petty Show, St Bride's,  Liverpool
8 Mar. Ana Popovic, Live Rooms, Chester
9 Mar. Elles Bailey, O2 Academy 2, Liverpool
1 Apr. Mostly Autumn, the Wharf, Tavistock
5 Apr. The Damned, O2 Academy, Liverpool
14 Apr. Hushtones, Philharmonic Music Room, Liverpool
15 Apr. Straighten Out, Tivoli, Buckley
22 Apr. Riverside, Academy 2, Manchester
23 Apr. Space Elevator, Eleven, Stoke
28 Apr. Hawkwind, Academy, Manchester
9 Jun. The Blackheart Orchestra/John Hackett Band, Zanzibar, Liverpool
10 Jun. Roger Waters, AO Arena, Manchester
11 Jun  Mostly Autumn, Robin, Bilston
18 Jun. Heaven 17, Tivoli, Buckley
20 Jun. Muse, John Smith's Stadium, Huddersfield
22 Jun. Geoff Tate's Operation Mindcrime, Tivoli, Buckley
29 Jun. Porcupine Tree, Castlefield Bowl, Manchester
1 Jul. Zio, Jimmy's, Liverpool
18 Aug. Franck Carducci, Fort Perch Rock, New Brighton
2 Sep. Wishbone Ash, Live Rooms, Chester
16 Sep. PiL, Tivoli, Buckley
20 Oct. The Dust Coda, Tivoli, Buckley
17 Nov. Mostly Autumn, Tivoli, Buckley
26 Nov. Mostly Autumn, the Met, Bury

Nickslikk2112

Saw Rick Wakeman and the English Rock Ensemble at the Palladium last night. He was performing Six Wives and King Arthur in their entirety, with Six Wives being done in chronological order - just as Henry would have.

King Arthur, wasn't done in order. Merlin the Magician was missed out, so he had something for an encore. Vocals were done a woman who is apparently the main vocalist on Strictly means nowt to me - or even Mrs S.

All in all a good if not great evening, but it felt good to be about the third youngest in the audience, there were an awful lot of people out without their carers...

One final thing, Rick is now HUGE, he can barely walk, just shuffles, could be the weight of his glitzy cape though...

Matt2112

Sun 18th June - YES, Manchester Bridgewater Hall
Tue 20th June - MUSE / ROYAL BLOOD, Huddersfield John Smith's Stadium
Wed 28th June - IRON MAIDEN, Leeds First Direct Arena
Sat 8th July - JAMES, Halifax Piece Hall

Wed 22nd May - RICHARD MARX, London Royal Albert Hall

Fishy

Stewart Lee this Friday in Glasgow
From The Land of Honest Men

Matt2112

Quote from: Fishy on March 15, 2023, 08:46:50 AMStewart Lee this Friday in Glasgow

Annoyingly there's no West Yorkshire dates this time round.

Salford is my best bet, but there's literally single-digit seat availability and I need some stars to align first.

Fishy

Quote from: Matt2112 on March 15, 2023, 12:07:23 PM
Quote from: Fishy on March 15, 2023, 08:46:50 AMStewart Lee this Friday in Glasgow

Annoyingly there's no West Yorkshire dates this time round.

Salford is my best bet, but there's literally single-digit seat availability and I need some stars to align first.

Not quite as good a show as last year but still some good laughs and seats we're great this time ..stalls 10 rows back dead centre.. and some no shows next to us which allowed us to stretch out a bit
From The Land of Honest Men