Signals 40th Ann. Release

Started by Thenop, March 03, 2023, 07:10:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Picnic Wasp

Quote from: Fishy on March 05, 2023, 07:37:41 PMLifeson always made out the guitars were MIA..synths squeezed them out...

I think he could be a bit of a moaner from time to time from articles I read in the past. Didn't he suggest he was going to quit the band more than once back in the heavy schedule touring days?

David L

I think Geddy and Neil also forced Alex to have that 'Flock of Seagulls' haircut against his will

Nick

Quote from: David L on March 06, 2023, 01:43:10 PMI think Geddy and Neil also forced Alex to have that 'Flock of Seagulls' haircut against his will

Got his own back and made Geddy have a "beaver" cut on HYF

Nick

Quote from:  link=msg=11444 date=1678056229The Dolby atmos mix is excellent, heard loads of different things I'd not heard before.  It's on Apple Music.

Can't find it

captainkurtz

Quote from: Nick on March 06, 2023, 06:29:04 PM
Quote from:  link=msg=11444 date=1678056229The Dolby atmos mix is excellent, heard loads of different things I'd not heard before.  It's on Apple Music.

Can't find it
Yeah it appears to have done..I downloaded it on my mobile and I'm not sure if the version I have is the atmos mix as that has disappeared from the description- I'll have to give it another listen to check.  It was excellent though...

pxr5

I wonder how this new 5.1 atmos mix compares to the DVD 5.1 on the Sector 3 boxset.
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

Thenop

2 visualisers up on Rush' YouTube channel for the Analog Kid and Chemistry to peak interest no doubt. They are nice animations.

The Picnic Wasp

Looks like we'll be travelling in huge Penicillin capsules in the future.

Thenop

Quote from: The Picnic Wasp on March 24, 2023, 12:44:16 PMLooks like we'll be travelling in huge Penicillin capsules in the future.
Either that or in hazmat suits plugged into the 'Net. Ask Pete T.

Slim

Listened to The Analog Kid on YouTube and was surprised by how subdued the guitar was in the mix .. odd because I always thought of that one as one of the few tunes on Signals where the guitar stood out. Listened to the original, same story.

Drums and bass definitely mixed too high, never really noticed before.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Thenop

Digital Man visualiser up. Looks like someone went back into time for this one.

Nick

Interesting article on the Atmos mix.

https://www.soundandvision.com/content/new-world-man-richard-chycki-mixing-rush-s-signals-atmos?fbclid=IwAR3XWe2_Pm0noKK5jncCn0Jj8rnp5SwDwICIjEoFf536v1fFmabW8SXAlNk

Can we listen to Atmos on a streaming service or do we have to buy the physical disc? asking for a simpleton.

Slim

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Fishy

Never knew it was Alex doing the "subdivisions " bit.. always thought for some reason it was Peart
From The Land of Honest Men