Rick Beato breaks down Limelight - Backing vocals by Broon 😲

Started by David L, February 20, 2023, 10:42:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slim

I must have watched that video about a year ago because I commented on it! And yet I don't remember that.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

David L

Quote from: Slim on February 20, 2023, 10:52:07 PMI must have watched that video about a year ago because I commented on it! And yet I don't remember that.
It's amazing, isn't it? You think you know everything....and then you get flabbergasted by something 40-odd years after the event!

The Picnic Wasp

Fascinating stuff. I love hearing isolated tracks. Geddy's bass and vocal sound is phenomenal. Neil's playing not too shabby either. Alex's clean arpeggiated parts were a revelation for me too. I'm not 100% convinced that's Broony though. Geddy liked to mimic an English accent and there might be some other tape trickery happening, but amazing to hear it after all this time. What a song though!

dom

Slim

That incredible whammy bar solo is a very interesting thing, because the first nine or ten times I saw Rush Alex didn't use one at all. But on the Signals tour he was using one all the time on a Strat and I was genuinely amazed at how fluent and musical he was with it. Really surprising for a player brought up on Gibsons.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan