What's in/on Your DVD/VCR/PVR etc

Started by pxr5, February 23, 2022, 08:06:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt2112

Been on my radar that one, Reg, so based on your review I'll bump it up the list.

pxr5

We've caught up with Series 11 of The Walking Dead - to episode 16 (there are the final ever 2 episodes to come 02 Oct). It's been quite enjoyable this season. Something that always bugged me in TWD was that old cliché of "why don't you just kill them instead of fannying around". Not so this series, when you want something to happen - it just happens, and it's such a relief that. How many times in the past could Negan have been killed - but no he gets away again, to wreak more havoc. I actually think I may miss TWD.

Alas my TV/movie viewing will be a bit stymied these next few weeks due to Strictly Come Dancing - my wife is an avid viewer, even the daily spin-off show.
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

Fishy

New beeb  drama Inside Man .. it's very good...
From The Land of Honest Men

pxr5

Quote from: Fishy on September 28, 2022, 10:07:31 AMNew beeb  drama Inside Man .. it's very good...
We watched the first episode last night and I agree - very good. How things escalate quickly eh?

R6GYY

Ooh - not started it yet, but we've just spotted a 2nd series of Bloodlands has started, and so we are going to re-watch series 1 (as we remember it being very good), as a reminder of who's who and what's what.

Fishy

Think James Nesbitt's eyebrows are doing most of the acting in the new Bloodlands ..  daft story but good fun

David L

Quote from: Fishy on September 28, 2022, 12:57:36 PMThink James Nesbitt's eyebrows are doing most of the acting in the new Bloodlands ..  daft story but good fun
Were they transplanted?..along with his hair!

Fishy

Stewart Lee Tornado/Snowflake on iPlayer

Fishy

The Jeffrey Dahmer Netflix thing... it's not easy viewing that's for sure...

pxr5

Just one more episode of Inside Man to go - I'm really intrigued how this is going to play out.

Also I've just discovered that there are actually 8 more episodes of The Walking Dead to go (not 2 as I thought). Good God it'll never end.

Fishy

Yes I hope Inside Man concludes with a decent ending and not hanging on for a second series...

pxr5

Quote from: Fishy on October 04, 2022, 10:59:48 AMYes I hope Inside Man concludes with a decent ending and not hanging on for a second series...
Oh no, not another series - I certainly hope not. I have a feeling there is a major twist coming.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Red Lenses

Conversations With A Killer: The John Wayne Gacy Tapes (Netflix), documentary on the mass murderer - 9/10

Monster: The Jeffrey Dahmer Story (Netflix), 6 episodes in and compelling viewing - 8/10 so far.

R6GYY

New Quantum Leap. 2 episodes in and it is quite enjoyable. Definite box-ticking exercise on the casting though.

I am currently in the process of obtaining all 5 seasons of the original Quantum Leap for a mammoth re-run although I imagine it will be a bit dated now.

Fishy

Quote from: Fishy on October 04, 2022, 10:59:48 AMYes I hope Inside Man concludes with a decent ending and not hanging on for a second series...
Did everyone make it to the post credit scene?