What's in/on Your DVD/VCR/PVR etc

Started by pxr5, February 23, 2022, 08:06:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishy

Trying to finish the responder season 2.. god  it's bleak...
From The Land of Honest Men

pxr5

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m0021dw6/hell-jumper

This is so intense. Mad or brave, or just crazy? Extremely well done and very sad.
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

Fishy

More Lady in the lake... it's a bit dull.. but I'll hang in there..

Fishy

Mastermind:To Think like a killer

Fishy

Quote from: Fishy on July 29, 2024, 09:58:36 PMMastermind:To Think like a killer

Watched the last two eps last night.. very interesting

dom

Went to a showing of Ken Loach's The Old Oak.

I doubt there's a more topical film out there at the moment
 Deals with a sensitive and complex issue very well.

Nick

Quote from: Nick on July 13, 2024, 09:49:46 PMHouse of Dragon..s2, I'm a sucker for this.

Very dissatisfied with that.

Nickslikk2112

pxr5

Now the Olympics has finished it's back to TV and Movies:

The Boys series 4. I love The Boys and the depravity in this season is the lowest so far. It's rude, crude and violent in equal parts. There is once scene early on that made me think I was watching The Human Centipede again lol. Anthony Starr as Homelander is awesome too - he would never get a BAFTA or the like, but he deserves it for sure - simply brilliant as the screwed up super hero.

pxr5

A Quiet Place: Day One I so wanted to like this as the first movie was a pleasant surprise and extremely well done (the second not so much). As an origin story I expected some explanations etc. But no nothing like that. It follows a young cancer sufferer (Lupita Nyong'o) on a visit to NYC - then aliens attack who kill by following sound. And that's about it as our girl tries to escape with the help of and Englishman (played by Joseph Quinn - he was in Stranger Things but I barely recognised him). Nothing else really and tbh I found it all rather dull. 4/10

pxr5

Twisters - Some of the effects were quite good; apart from that I've forgotten it already 2/10

Fishy

All the Presidents Men on iPlayer

pxr5

House of the Dragon season 2. Wow they really are dragging this out. I've read the book 'Fire and Blood' and this timeline in the book is only a few chapters at most. There is a lot going on in the TV show that's not in the book. That said, it's still enjoyable and the acting is great, especially Matt Smith and Emma D'Arcy. The dragons look cool too. Near the end, I said to my wife wait till you see what happens with the three new dragon riders - except it never got to that bit. Do I tell her or not? Haha.

Fishy

pxr5

Trap - Another M. Night Shyamalan offering. I like most of his stuff, but some are much better than others - this one I really like. The excellent Josh Hartnett stars in this strange movie as he takes his teen daughter to a music concert - as he enters the arena he notices an unlikely amount of police on the doors and exits - and I'll leave it there to avoid any spoilers. It rips along at a great pace and is never dull. It seems the story is loosely based on a real incident - wow if i was. 9/10