What's in/on Your DVD/VCR/PVR etc

Started by pxr5, February 23, 2022, 08:06:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pxr5

Half way through this new Aussie police drama on iPlayer - High Country. Not bad but a bit cliched.
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

Fishy

Started Douglas Is Cancelled. 2 eps in...
From The Land of Honest Men

pxr5

There is a brilliant Spanish movie called The Platform from 2019 (Spanish: El hoyo). I think a few people have seen it here:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8228288/ - A vertical prison with one cell per level. Two people per cell. Only one food platform and two minutes per day to feed. An endless nightmare trapped in The Hole.

Well here comes the sequel (04 October 2024 on Netflix) - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt27729779/

Looks great  :D

R6GYY

Finally started series 2 of Blue Lights last night. We will be watching 1 episode every Monday, or at least that is the plan.

Fishy

Finished off Douglas Is Cancelled

David L

Watched Guy Martin's Lost WW2 Bomber last night. Excellent. Very humbling, thought-provoking and emotional

pxr5

Finished High Country - I wouldn't bother.

Fishy

The Picnic Wasp

I'm still playing catch-up with a lot of stuff I missed first time around. I recently binge watched The Unforgotten which was excellent. Better than I thought it might be. Currently about halfway through Broadchurch which a bit mental but thoroughly enjoyable. I'm at the point of researching what to watch next. Probably Jonathan Creek.

pxr5

Vikings: Valhalla Season 3. The last series of this Viking saga. It's a good watch but not a patch on the original Vikings. Much of it takes place well away from Scandinavia - Sicily, Constantinople etc. 

Nick

Lady of the Lake - Apple tv... stunning so far. Annoying that I have to wait until Friday for ep 3. Otherwise would have binged the lot for sure.

Fishy

Fishy

captainkurtz

Quote from: Nick on July 20, 2024, 09:55:07 PMLady of the Lake - Apple tv... stunning so far. Annoying that I have to wait until Friday for ep 3. Otherwise would have binged the lot for sure.
Yeah, watched the first one this morning...good stuff.

pxr5

We finished Vikings: Valhalla last night. It had that feeling of just getting it done to finish off. Not too bad though 7.5/10