What's in/on Your DVD/VCR/PVR etc

Started by pxr5, February 23, 2022, 08:06:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt2112

Working my way (painfullly slowly) back through Breaking Bad; up to S2 Ep 8 which introduces Saul Goodman, so I'm looking forward to seeing him in light of the (utterly superb) spin-off.

pxr5

Outrageous Homes with Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen on Channel 4.  This is brilliant. I wouldn't want to live in any of them but the achievements of each are so impressive. The Steampunk one is something to behold.

https://www.channel4.com/programmes/outrageous-homes
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

Fishy

From The Land of Honest Men

Thenop

Been watching Gangs of London, I am terribly slow with watching things. Now into season 2 which has a bit of lacklustre storywriting and under developed characters. It's mostly shootin and killing and less intrigue. Shame.

Matt2112

Quote from: Thenop on July 05, 2024, 06:59:50 AMBeen watching Gangs of London, I am terribly slow with watching things. Now into season 2 which has a bit of lacklustre storywriting and under developed characters. It's mostly shootin and killing and less intrigue. Shame.

Definitely second album - sorry, season! - syndrome with that one. Still watchable though.

Fishy

pxr5

Finished American Horror Story season 12 last night. Pretty crap tbh. I think they need to stop now.

Fishy

pxr5

Noooooooooo. Whilst I knew season 2 of the incredible Severance was on the way, it's not due for release until 17 Jan 2025. I really can't wait. If you haven't seen the first series, just do it - a brilliant TV show.

https://www.imdb.com/video/vi1781450265/?listId=ls053181649&ref_=hp_hp_e_6

Fishy

Finished the bear s3.. bit of a slog I have to say.. 10 ep of people being very depressed and shouting at each other..

pxr5

Season 2 of Interview With a Vampire - it's a bit of a drag tbh; and there is to be a 3rd series.

dom

Quote from: Fishy on July 13, 2024, 02:14:11 PMFinished the bear s3.. bit of a slog I have to say.. 10 ep of people being very depressed and shouting at each other..

Really enjoyed S1 of this but felt S2 lost its way when they lost the restaurant and didn't finish it. I probably won't go back after reading that.

Nick

House of Dragon..s2, I'm a sucker for this.

Thenop

Supacell, still on the fence about it

pxr5

Quote from: Nick on July 13, 2024, 09:49:46 PMHouse of Dragon..s2, I'm a sucker for this.
I'm waiting for it to complete before starting - I loved the first series and have since read the book, so I have an idea what's going on. There is one bit in the book that I really hope is included - it's very shocking. 

Vikings: Valhalla series 3 has dropped in full so I'll probably watch that next.