What's in/on Your DVD/VCR/PVR etc

Started by pxr5, February 23, 2022, 08:06:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David L

Quote from: Slim on April 18, 2024, 08:22:52 PM
Quote from: David L on April 18, 2024, 07:01:39 PMWhen I look at that picture, I can smell Brut 33

Interesting. I get Old Spice.
Just watched it. Enjoyable. Just found this after a Google:

The pilot episode was released in 2021, one of six trial shows, commissioned by BBC Wales. Three further episodes were announced as a joint production by BBC Wales and BBC Studios in 2023. The full series debuted on BBC Two on 17 April 2024.

Of course, in the three years since the pilot, the exponential rise in ridiculous societal change means there is even more material for the writers to work with. I think it will mainly appeal to a niche audience so it will be interesting to see if the idea has legs.

I have to say the Capri's bodywork was in great nick but if the clouds of smoke are anything to go by, the motor needs some attention. Nice that Brut 33 got a mention  ;D

dom

Wicked Little Letters, funny but was expecting more. Jessie Buckley was excellent though

R6GYY

Just finished Alex Rider series 3. A step up on the previous 2.

pxr5

Constellation - I'm halfway through this now (8 episodes) and at first I had no idea what was going on. As it progresses it is improving a lot. Nice to see Jonathan Banks in something other than Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul too. I suppose you could call it an intelligent Sci-Fi. Interesting.
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

Fishy

From The Land of Honest Men

Fishy

Fishy

pxr5

Finished Constellation last night. It ended suddenly with a few loose ends so hopefully it will carry on to anther series. It's a bit mind-bending and takes some concentration to try to know what's actually going on. Good though 8/10

pxr5

Avatar - The Last Airbender   I know the original has a sort of cult status but I haven't seen it, so I came into this new series cold. 4 elemental power controlled by 'benders'. Of course we need some malice and the fire benders are the baddies; but they are kept in check by the Avatar (who can bend all 4 elements). This new Avatar turns out to be a kid and it's his adventures we follow here. The story is good, so too are the action and effects. The script and acting are really poor though (maybe it's supposed to be like this). Everything looks clean and cartoonish (again maybe they where trying to do it like this) but I don't find it appealing at all. I'll stick with it as I rarely give up on a show no matter how poor.

captainkurtz

Fishy

Baby reindeer first 3 eps.. it's very good...

dom

Son asked to watch Threads, the 1984 drama about a nuclear war focussing on Sheffield. I'm not the better for it after 2 hours of traumatising, breath-stopping tv.  It holds up really well in the main despite being 40 years old. I don't think it affected me as much as a 17 year old (when nuclear war was considered a real possibility) as it did today

Fishy

Quote from: Fishy on April 25, 2024, 09:50:44 PMBaby reindeer first 3 eps.. it's very good...
Finished it off tonight

Fishy

The Netflix film Scoop..it was ok

pxr5

We finished Avatar - The Last Airbender. It was OK - the visuals were quite stunning at times but the actual show I think is definitely aimed at children (I suppose the Nickelodeon link makes it obvious). There are 3 books in the original animated set and this last series was book 1 only and I believe Netflix has commissioned the other 2. Will I watch those? Probably  ;)