What's in/on Your DVD/VCR/PVR etc

Started by pxr5, February 23, 2022, 08:06:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dom

Season 5 of Fargo.  3 episodes in and its excellent!  Good music too. Episode 1 features I've seen all good people and Ep2 Working Man

dom

Up to Ep5 of season 5 of Fargo. So good!

Fishy

From The Land of Honest Men

dom

Just finished season 5 of Fargo - gripping!

It did drop a little for episodes 7 and 8  where there was a little more reliance on coincidence to keep the plot moving but still excellent!

Thenop

3 Body Problem

Really enjoying this. Read the books some time ago, but really forget about those. The series needed to be adapted quite bit. It looks all great, and I am curious to see how this unfolds.

Brought to you by the Game of Thrones writers, some familiar faces in this as well.

pxr5

^ 3 Body Problem is my next watch. I'm currently watching series 2 of the excellent Halo. After those 2 probably Avatar: The Last Airbender and the The Walking Dead: The Ones Who Live.
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

R6GYY

The 1% Club

I honestly got the 1% question well within the time. All 4 'contenders' didn't.

It really is about how your brain works. I am sure that my daily Wordle assisted in this as it was word-play  8).

pxr5

Finished series 2 of Halo last night. I loved the first series, but this felt a bit flat to me - and confusing at times as well. The action scenes were frantic but a great watch. 6/10 for this series. More to come, possibly the story can continue from where it left off?

pxr5

The 3rd and final series of the awful La Brea. Thankfully only 6 shortish episodes. It's total crap but compulsive in a SBIG way. 

Matt2112

Renfield

Nicholas Hoult and Nicolas Cage star as the title character and Dracula respectively in this comedy horror with plenty of cartoonish splatter.

Good Friday night fun.

Rating: ***

captainkurtz

Started watching Bad Sisters on Apple TV.

Good first episode..

Fishy

Quote from: captainkurtz on March 30, 2024, 12:59:59 PMStarted watching Bad Sisters on Apple TV.

Good first episode..
Hogan gives me the horn.. can u still say that these days or are u are arrested and thrown in jail..

captainkurtz

Quote from: Fishy on March 30, 2024, 07:08:12 PM
Quote from: captainkurtz on March 30, 2024, 12:59:59 PMStarted watching Bad Sisters on Apple TV.

Good first episode..
Hogan gives me the horn.. can u still say that these days or are u are arrested and thrown in jail..
Me as well.  In fact all of the sisters are attractive..

Fishy

dom