What's in/on Your DVD/VCR/PVR etc

Started by pxr5, February 23, 2022, 08:06:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishy

Are bass players human too.

.  it's ok..  famous rich bass players with Geddy..  dicking about with their hobbies such as surfing flying making wine.. and pretty much not too much to worry about in life I would say... it's in 20 min chunks so it's all a-bit short thankfully and lame really..
From The Land of Honest Men

R6GYY

Last night I saw the 3rd trailer for Dune: Part 2 and it looks spectacular (not that I expect anything less).

pxr5

The Fall of the House of Usher  Mike Flanagan can do no wrong these days and this is up there with his best. Actors from his past shows are here again, but they are all great. Loosely based on the Poe short story this is a tale of greed, excess and families. Only 2 eps in so far, but it's gripping and, oh my, the end of episode 2 was something else (I did sort of guess that it something like that would happen). Love it.
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

Fishy

Matt2112

Dune - Part One

Just as good as I remember at the cinema, this Star Wars-esque sci-fi-hokum-but-for-grownups is so technically outstanding on multiple levels it's easy to forgive some of the story's more incoherent aspects.

I watched this on bluray alone and undisturbed, so the soundbar and subwoofer were given a tremendous workout from the film's stunning sound mix. :)

Rating: ****

R6GYY

Reacher season 2.

I've been waiting eagerly for this one. The first series really grew on me.

Fishy

Matt2112

Quote from: Fishy on December 15, 2023, 10:08:13 PMIt's a wonderful life

Never seen it. It's shown at the legendary Elland Rex every year on or around Christmas Eve.  I'm determined to finally actually make it this year.

Fishy

Quote from: Matt2112 on December 17, 2023, 02:24:22 AM

Never seen it. It's shown at the legendary Elland Rex every year on or around Christmas Eve.  I'm determined to finally actually make it this year.
First time for me and the mrs... be interested to hear what u think of it...

R6GYY

Quote from: Matt2112 on December 17, 2023, 02:24:22 AM

I've seen it 2 or 3 times over the years, including a festive time viewing at the multiplex cinema in Derby when I was working there, ooh, nearly 20 years ago now.

I do confess to having damp eyes in parts.

Well worth a trip Matt.

Now if only they would show It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World at the cinema. That would be a joy, but I digress.

pxr5

Just finished The Fall of the House of Usher. And what a TV show it is. There are so many nods to Edgar Allen Poe stories it's amazing they could get them all in. A wonderful script and excellent acting. It's easily a 10/10 for me.

Fishy

pxr5

Beacon 23 - Sc-Fi with Lena Heady. "A man living in the 23rd Century works at a remote "lighthouse" in space that serves as a beacon to help passing ships." It's OK, but the reviews on IMDb are quite poor. I'm liking it so far. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9174724/

R6GYY

captainkurtz

The bear - season 1
Not as engrossing as I thought it would be

Squaring the Circle
Brilliant documentary on Hipgnosis by Anton Corbijn.  Well worth watching.