What's in/on Your DVD/VCR/PVR etc

Started by pxr5, February 23, 2022, 08:06:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishy

Quote from: R6GYY on May 21, 2023, 10:57:53 PMCitadel episode 5 on Friday night - and episode 2 of Steeltown Murders.

Saturday night we polished off the last 2 episodes of Steeltown Murders, and we found a new documentary on iPlayer too so we watched that as well. All good stuff.

Tonight - 1st 2 episodes of Annika. We are liking this.

We watched a couple of eps of Annika.. thought it was very dull and this talking to camera stuff I didn't like much as well
From The Land of Honest Men

The Picnic Wasp

I've been watching a lot of Christopher Hitchens on YouTube over the past couple of days as I try to develop a taste for single malt whisky. I think that the combination of the two has left me with the image of my brain being the size of the half morsel which tops a walnut whip. He's without doubt the alive or dead person I would not wish to be a dinner guest. It disappoints me greatly that after all these long years on this planet I probably couldn't engage his interest for more than a few seconds.

Red Lenses

Been watching The Why Files on YouTube, about a 3rd of the way through his conspiracy/historical videos and I love the way he presents the subject matter.
Just watched the ones on Denver Airport and then Dulce Base, totally grabs my attention !!

Matt2112

Triangle Of Sadness

2022's Palm D'Or winner that's been high on the to-watch list.

This is a satisfyingly savage and hugely entertaining social satire about a couple of models and "influencers" who bag a freebie aboard a super-yacht cruise, encountering a motley crew of wealthy clientele, overworked staff and - perversely - an anti-capitalist captain (an excellent Woody Harrelson).

I won't expand on that as there's quite a lot to process over its two-and-a-half hour running time; suffice to say that, for the most part, it's an enthralling watch, the mid-section in particular being utterly brilliant, and masterfully directed by Swedish auteur Ruben Ostlund (I have immediately placed his previous film The Square high on the to-watch list).

While it often lays on the narrative allegories with a blunt rock, and the targets of its satire aren't exactly original, this is still a superbly crafted film that's a class above most others. 

Rating: ****

Fishy

Ep6 Citadel nice twist at the end..

R6GYY

Quote from: Fishy on May 27, 2023, 03:29:06 PMEp6 Citadel nice twist at the end..
We will be watching this tonight.

Fishy

Quote from: R6GYY on May 27, 2023, 07:16:19 PM
Quote from: Fishy on May 27, 2023, 03:29:06 PMEp6 Citadel nice twist at the end..
We will be watching this tonight.

A second season has been given the green light...

R6GYY

There was a trailer for it at the end. Called Citadel: Diana.

Expanding the, and I quote "Citadel Spyverse", and due in 2024.

R6GYY

Turns out that Citadel: Diana is the first of potentially a number of spin-offs and is already in the can.

There will also be Citadel season 2 although this may be delayed due to the WGA writers' strike.

Fishy

Blacklist Season 10 .  It's all a bit shit now.. last season thankfully..

R6GYY

Quote from: Fishy on May 29, 2023, 10:31:24 AMBlacklist Season 10 .  It's all a bit shit now.. last season thankfully..
We gave up after season 5 when they killed off one of our favourite characters.

R6GYY

Looking forward to the Masterchef final tonight.

David L

dom

Finished Ted Lasso last night, then started Colin from Accounts

R6GYY

Watched the 1st episode of True Lies on Disney+ last night.

Wish I hadn't.

I stuck with it through 42 minutes, in the hope that it would improve.

It didn't.

I won't be watching any more. I may well go back and watch the film though. Been a good few years since we saw that.