What's in/on Your DVD/VCR/PVR etc

Started by pxr5, February 23, 2022, 08:06:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pxr5

Quote from: Rufus_the_dawg on April 04, 2022, 09:20:48 PM
Quote from: pxr5 on April 04, 2022, 03:35:47 PMNow watching season 3 of Snowpiercer, still as daft as ever but a guilty pleasure

yeah I'm coming to the end of season 3.

We finished it last night. The weakest of the 3 seasons so far. Sean Bean is starting to annoy too.
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

David L

Quote from: pxr5 on April 07, 2022, 01:30:23 PM
Quote from: Rufus_the_dawg on April 04, 2022, 09:20:48 PM
Quote from: pxr5 on April 04, 2022, 03:35:47 PMNow watching season 3 of Snowpiercer, still as daft as ever but a guilty pleasure

yeah I'm coming to the end of season 3.

We finished it last night. The weakest of the 3 seasons so far. Sean Bean is starting to annoy too.
He's (violently) annoyed a few wives in his time. Bit of a wife-beater with a short temper (also a very proud yorkshireman that likes a cuppa)
   ;)

Rufus_the_dawg

Just bought the Blu ray of The Navigator: A Medieval Odyssey.

I remember watching it on TV years ago and it was dead weird.

Nick

David L

Quote from: Nick on April 07, 2022, 05:14:15 PMJimmy Savile on Netflix.
There was a doc on the other night about Saville, Hall, Harris and Glitter. Caught the tail end of it.

My dad, every Saturday evening without fail: "he doesn't smoke those cigars"  ;D

Probably the mildest deception he was guilty of

Jonners

Moon Knight. Latest Marvel offering.

Not getting into it at all

Matt2112

Watched the first part - waste of time, there's already been superior docs broadcast.  Won't be bothering with the second part.

Nick

Quote from: Matt2112 on April 08, 2022, 01:31:46 PM

Watched the first part - waste of time, there's already been superior docs broadcast.  Won't be bothering with the second part.

Agree I have watched better documentaries previously, this one is a bit of a mess.

Rufus_the_dawg

I understand why you watch documentaries like this. But I can not watch them, just like I can not watch a documentary about the Holocaust. And I know I am being a hypocrite because I watch War films. Humans are funny beings.

Nick

Matt2112

Quote from: Nick on April 08, 2022, 03:32:15 PM
Quote from: Matt2112 on April 08, 2022, 01:31:46 PM

Agree I have watched better documentaries previously, this one is a bit of a mess.

Yes, it just seems very unfocused; and the usually quite astute critic Mark Lawson is reduced to reaction shots and stating the obvious.

The forthcoming BBC drama with Steve Coogan looks far more interesting, if only to see how it can strike a seemingly impossible balance of an engaging yet non-exploitative drama.

Fishy

Quote from: captainkurtz on April 07, 2022, 07:49:43 AMHouse of Maxwell on iPlayer.  Riveting stuff.

Indeed.. watched it over a couple Of nights.. a fairly loathsome family it has to be said.... Noticed a pic of Ghislaine when she was in with the "good and the great" of her and Roger Waters... still think Ian and Kevin Maxwell are dodgy as fuck as well....
From The Land of Honest Men

pxr5

Moonfall - It cost $150m dollars to make this. Like a lot of Hollywood movies the money is spent on effects rather than a decent script. I'll give it 3/10, my wife was 1/10 - it isn't good.
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

Rufus_the_dawg

Watched very last episode of The Last Kingdom - Uhtred son of Uhtred destiny is all.

Absolutely brilliant Viking v Wessex drama series. Is it better than Vikings probably, although I loved Ragnar Lodbrok.

Nick

Metal Lords - Netflix. Like School of rock but metal.