What's in/on Your DVD/VCR/PVR etc

Started by pxr5, February 23, 2022, 08:06:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

pxr5

just finished the 3rd and final series of See. A decent ending rounded off a pretty decent TV show. 3 series is certainly enough though.
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

Matt2112

From what I'm consistently reading here and elsewhere, I'm thinking The White Lotus has crossed the threshold of required viewing.

I'll work through season 2 of Gangs Of London first though. :)

Fishy

Quote from: Matt2112 on December 17, 2022, 12:11:29 AMFrom what I'm consistently reading here and elsewhere, I'm thinking The White Lotus has crossed the threshold of required viewing.

White Lotus is great😀
From The Land of Honest Men

Nick

Quote from: Fishy on December 17, 2022, 09:19:02 AM
Quote from: Matt2112 on December 17, 2022, 12:11:29 AMFrom what I'm consistently reading here and elsewhere, I'm thinking The White Lotus has crossed the threshold of required viewing.

White Lotus is great😀

Seconded

captainkurtz

Season 1 was superb.

I'll watch season 2 over Christmas...

pxr5

My wife was out at a Christmas meal so I watched The Eagle Has Landed on BBC2 tonight. Great movie and a fantastic cast.

R6GYY

We watched the opening 2 episodes of (Disney+) National Treasure : Edge Of History last night. Will stick with it I guess.

Nickslikk2112

Caught up with yesterday's women's Cyclocross from Val di Sole on GCN+

Bicycle racing on snow, what can be better than that?

dom

Saw bits of a cyclocross event at my local park today while walking the dog. Wouldn't like to be cleaning their chains after!

pxr5

Black Adam. I had zero expectations of this DC movie with The Rock, but I really rather enjoyed it. The story is crap as always in these super hero flicks but the special effects and action sequences were incredible. There are moments of comedy which lightens things a bit, but really this was made by the tech boys. I watched in UHD and it looked jaw-droppingly good as well. My missus didn't like it, but it appealed to me and I'll give it an 8/10.

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: dom on December 18, 2022, 08:58:01 PMSaw bits of a cyclocross event at my local park today while walking the dog. Wouldn't like to be cleaning their chains after!
The pros have a team to do that. They also change their bikes every lap when its muddy!

pxr5

Smile. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15474916/ There hasn't been a decent horror movie for ages. In fact the last one I recall is an excellent low budget movie called It Follows https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3235888/ from 2014. So after some great trailers for Smile I had high hopes. Unfortunately, despite being well produced and acted it failed to deliver a decent horror story. It starts out well and shows potential but then it just drifts along to an unsatisfactory conclusion. Early on I was thinking 'there's an easy solution to all this women's problems', but no it frustrates when it should be thrilling. A shame 5/10

Matt2112

Yes, It Follows is pretty good.

There's been a decent wave of low budget horror films these past few years that rely more on getting into your head and under your skin than graphic shocks; Saint Maud is one that comes immediately to mind - highly recommend that one.

Matt2112

Gangs Of London Season 2

Done - not as tightly wound as season 1 and relies on some goodwill from how good that was.  Worth it though.