Started by pxr5, February 23, 2022, 08:06:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nickslikk2112

King Crimson - Rock in Rio

From the KC at 50 box set

Fishy

From The Land of Honest Men

pxr5

Just started the third and final season of See with Jason Momoa. It's got slowly worse after the exciting first series. Still watchable and has some great characters though; and only 8 episodes.
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

Matt2112

Was going to finally start season 2 of

Gangs Of London

but have decided to work through season 1 again first.

dom

Watched episode 1 of Wednesday - not quite sure what it's place is or what it's trying to do.  Too horrific at times for children but very childish at times.  Made me laugh on occasion but nothing like the classic sitcom, and you wouldn't call it a comedy.  Maybe things will become clearer if I stick with it for a while.  It is well acted and up to netflix standard with production values so I think the journey will be worth it.

R6GYY

As a warm up to the upcoming National Treasure: Edge Of History series which is due to start on Dec 14th (on Disney+), we watched the first film last Saturday, and have the 2nd lined up for tonight.

p.s. Jack Ryan season 3 starts on Dec 21st  :D

Fishy

pxr5

Still watching See, but today we watched 3 episodes of SAS Rogue Heroes. I wasn't going to bother but it's actually pretty good. Some good tunes played in it too: ACDC, The Damned, Saxon, The Clash etc.

Fishy

Last episode of The White Lotus.. enjoyed that season

R6GYY

Moonfall

Hmm.. typical popcorn fodder from director Roland Emmerich although there were elements of hard-core science-fiction in it that I really enjoyed (but Sian didn't). Things to do with Dyson spheres, arks, and other 'megastructures'.

Enjoyable enough hokum overall.

Not up there with Independence Day, but certainly better than the awful sequel. To me anyway.

Nick

Pinocchio- Netflix, amazing animation.

Matt2112

Gangs Of London Season 1 all re-watched. 

Enjoyed it even more this time round - director/show-runner Gareth Evans's work on Ep. 5 is outstanding, up there with the frenetic hyper-violent brilliance of The Raid.

On to season 2...

Fishy

Kevin Can Fuck Himself Season 2

pxr5

We finished SAS: Rogue Heroes last night - 6 episodes in total. Quite good it all was as well. Some of it seems unbelievable, but I read up online about it and even though the stories have been over played, it is all true. What was nice too was that old, black and white original footage was mixed in with the modern day incidents. For example when they were leaping off the back of trucks or high towers during training the real stuff was mingled in with the acting; I really liked that. 9/10 from me and another series in the works.

Fishy

Started on The Devil's Hour last night .. first episode was pretty good👍