What's in/on Your DVD/VCR/PVR etc

Started by pxr5, February 23, 2022, 08:06:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

R6GYY

Nearing the end of Bones season 9.

When we've finished all 12 seasons of Bones, the next long running beast we are going to tackle (again) is The West Wing .

pxr5

The second season of the excellent Upload. 2 eps in out of 7 and only 30 odd minutes long each one. It has a lot of charm this show, with a decent amount of humour. 9/10 thus far.
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

dom

Just finished Inventing Anna on Netflix. Highly enjoyable and recommended

Nick

The podcast is excellent as well on BBC sounds

pxr5

We completed Se02 of Upload tonight. I think this is another of those shows affected by Covid as it felt rushed (only 7 eps) and it finished with obviously a lot more to come. 8/10

pxr5

Just finished series 2 of Raised by Wolves. Whilst series 1 started well, it got a bit messy later on. However, this series starts well and stays good throughout. Lots more to come as there is a lot unresolved - in fact there are some really weird events going on and it's full of mystery and intrigue.

Also up to episode 4 of the final series of Peaky Blinders. I loved Peaky Blinders, but this series is a big let down for me. There isn't actually much going on and I'd go as far to say it's really gone up its own arse - too many lingering shots, ineffective music without any substance, it all just seems so ridiculous and convoluted now. I understand the final episode will be feature length as a practice for a spin-off movie. I just hope it improves - a lot.

pxr5

4 episodes in to Series 3 of Servant. Still dead weird and no wiser as to actually what is going on. Good though.

Nick

Boiling point on Netflix. Stressful chef/restaurant film.

dom

Quote from: Nick on March 27, 2022, 08:10:40 PMBoiling point on Netflix. Stressful chef/restaurant film.

Really enjoyed that film

Jonners

Peacemaker on Sky. Spin off from the Suicide squad. Its absolutely ridiculous!!!! But I'm loving it

pxr5

Finished series 3 of Servant - I enjoyed it as a whole, but answers need to start coming. It's only so long the makers can keep up this mystery - 3 series now and still no real idea wth is going on.

pxr5

Finished Peaky Blinders last night. It did improve a bit in the last 2 episodes, but overall a disappointing series. I'm glad it's all over tbh.

Now watching season 3 of Snowpiercer, still as daft as ever but a guilty pleasure.

Fishy

Quote from: pxr5 on March 29, 2022, 09:20:19 PMFinished series 3 of Servant - I enjoyed it as a whole, but answers need to start coming. It's only so long the makers can keep up this mystery - 3 series now and still no real idea wth is going on.

A final season has been approved I think...
From The Land of Honest Men

Rufus_the_dawg

Quote from: pxr5 on April 04, 2022, 03:35:47 PMNow watching season 3 of Snowpiercer, still as daft as ever but a guilty pleasure

yeah I'm coming to the end of season 3.

captainkurtz

House of Maxwell on iPlayer.  Riveting stuff.