What's in/on Your DVD/VCR/PVR etc

Started by pxr5, February 23, 2022, 08:06:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

R6GYY

Mortimer and Whitehouse: Gone Fishing series 5.

Started on BBC2 last night. Luckily it wasn't rescheduled due to current events.

We do like this program. Neither of us have any interest in fishing, but the 2 of them together are very entertaining and watchable. Some beautiful photography too, and they stay in some fantastic locations.

Great stuff. Hopefully a Xmas special to follow the series too.

dom

R6GYY

Red Lenses

Terminal List (Amazon) - 9/10.

The Defeated (Netflix), Berlin at the end of WWII - 9/10.

Deceit (Disney+), originally a CH4 show about the true story of the investigation of Rachael Nickel murder in 1992 - 8/10.

Curse of Skinwalker Ranch Season 3 is one of these History Channel shows I can't not watch that started back up this week and i've also started watching Kings of Pain, the 2 guys in this show are mental getting bit and stung by all sorts of animals !!

dom

Nick

Quote from: dom on September 11, 2022, 11:57:45 AM
Quote from: R6GYY on September 10, 2022, 04:40:47 PM
Quote from: dom on September 10, 2022, 02:06:42 PMIts a lovely show, is that season 3?
Series 5. The new series.

I must have missed a couple!

In my neck of the woods on the River Exe in the first episode.

Fishy

The Capture.. last episode tonight.. quite entertaining but pretty daft tbh...
First series was much better I feel..
From The Land of Honest Men

dom

Quote from: Fishy on September 12, 2022, 11:29:43 AMThe Capture.. last episode tonight.. quite entertaining but pretty daft tbh...
Quote from: Nick on September 11, 2022, 06:10:15 PM
Quote from: dom on September 11, 2022, 11:57:45 AM
Quote from: R6GYY on September 10, 2022, 04:40:47 PM
Quote from: dom on September 10, 2022, 02:06:42 PMIts a lovely show, is that season 3?
Series 5. The new series.

I must have missed a couple!

In my neck of the woods on the River Exe in the first episode.

The stunning scenery is part of what makes it such a special show

dom

Quote from: Fishy on September 12, 2022, 11:29:43 AMThe Capture.. last episode tonight.. quite entertaining but pretty daft tbh...

Watching season 1 now, 2 episodes in.  Didn't see it when it came out but heard about it when S2 aired.  Enjoying it!

dom

Son is a huge fan of "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" and he's got me watching it -  up to season 6 now.

It can be very funny but they are all such awful people that I can't watch more than 2 at once (despite being only 20 minutes long) without getting a headache

Red Lenses

The Anthrax Attacks (Netflix) - 90 minute documentary set just after 9/11 (7.5/10)

Fall (watched through Kodi at work as i'm nightshift), simple premise that had all of us in our Control Room glued to the screen....this would have been excellent to watch in a full cinema due to the vertigo inducing cinema shots (8/10)

pdw1

Fishy

Polished off The Capture Season 2 ..   daft and a bit implausible in many ways but good fun...

Matt2112

I can only manage very small doses of watching anything at the moment.

I have watched the new trailer for the forthcoming Marvel series Secret Invasion, starring Samuel L. Jackson, only because there is a glimpse of Halifax's historic Piece Hall - and it's been subjected to some heavy CGI treatment to make it look "bigger".

There was no need. :-\

Fishy

Ridley ITV Adrian Dunbar .. utter shit avoid...