What's in/on Your DVD/VCR/PVR etc

Started by pxr5, February 23, 2022, 08:06:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

R6GYY

Showtrial series 1
The Cleaner series 3

R6GYY

Twisters for our Saturday night entertainment.

Disappointing, unlike Twister which we can (and do) watch time and time again. Which reminds me, the 4K of Twister is due out on October 14th (as is Twisters).

Matt2112

Quote from: R6GYY on October 05, 2024, 10:29:16 PMTwisters for our Saturday night entertainment.

Disappointing, unlike Twister which we can (and do) watch time and time again. Which reminds me, the 4K of Twister is due out on October 14th (as is Twisters).

Eddie Van Halen was the best thing about Twister. ;)

Nick

Penguin S1 E3... so far this is super enjoyable, don't let the Marvel aspect put you off...its a gangster movie.

Fishy

From The Land of Honest Men

dom

Quote from: dom on April 26, 2024, 10:15:49 PMSon asked to watch Threads, the 1984 drama about a nuclear war focussing on Sheffield. I'm not the better for it after 2 hours of traumatising, breath-stopping tv.  It holds up really well in the main despite being 40 years old. I don't think it affected me as much as a 17 year old (when nuclear war was considered a real possibility) as it did today

Just a heads up that one of the most traumatising shows ever made by the BBC is on BBC4 this evening...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/schedules/p00fzl6b/2024/10/09

pxr5

^ Thanks dom. I've seen it a couple of times but my wife hasn't so it's set to record.
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

Fishy

Finished Show Trial and Slow Horses

pxr5

Deadpool & Wolverine - It's rude, crude, violent, hilarious, action-packed and barely a second is wasted on filler. Brilliant 10/10

Thenop

Rings of Power S2. I like it despite it's flaws.

Fishy

pxr5

The Substance - The blurb from IMDd: - "A fading celebrity takes a black-market drug: a cell-replicating substance that temporarily creates a younger, better version of herself."

I read that people left the cinema when this was first shown. I can sort of get that if you are very squeamish. Body Horror is a good description for it. All the actors were superb and there is a lot of nudity (but not in a sexual way). It went on just a bit too long though and it would have been better without the rather silly final scenes. If you like David Cronenburg's movies you'll love this.

Nick

Penguin S1 E4.. Cristin Milioti will win many awards for her performance in this episode.

Fishy

dom