What's in/on Your DVD/VCR/PVR etc

Started by pxr5, February 23, 2022, 08:06:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pxr5

1899 - Made by the same people who made the excellent Dark. I'm not sure why now but I though, like Dark, it was in German language. It's not and whilst it's mainly English there is also Chinese, Japanese, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Danish and Norwegian spoken throughout (so subs are a must). It's not quite as good as Dark, but a great mystery nonetheless and it certainly has the same feeling and intrigue. But the biggest flaw is that Netflix did not renew for a second season. It's a real shame as while this season does end (-ish), there could be so much more to this story as the last frame is a mind blower. Very good 8/10
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

R6GYY

Freddie Flintoff's Field Of Dreams: On Tour

Fishy

Finished 3 body problem... now started the perfect couple
From The Land of Honest Men

Fishy

Fishy

Started  on Colin from accounts.. excellent

Fishy

Finished Colin from accounts..more Slow Horses and The Perfect Couple

Fishy

Oh.. new season of The Old Man Jeff Bridges...

Fishy

Finished the perfect couple.. what an utter pile of shit...avoid..

Matt2112

TOTP: 1997

Well, I had to have a little chuckle to myself:  this had WASP and Rick Astley on it, and back in the day I'd be all over the music of the former and despise everything to do with the latter.

But guess what?  Almost 40 years later, I've never seen the former live and still have little inclination to, whereas I watched and enjoyed the latter at the Piece Hall a couple of months ago.

And he played Highway To Hell, which is an infinitely better hard rock song that WASP ever did. 🤷🏻�♂️

Matt2112

TOTP: 1992  

"Snap" at no. 1 with Rhythm Is A Dancer, which is - and I say this as an avid dance music fan - one of the worst dance songs of all time.

"I'm as serious as cancer
When I say, rhythm is a dancer"

No...you're really not. :-\

R6GYY

Last night - Grand Tour : One For The Road

Matt2112

Midnight Movie Club:

Malignant

The first half of James Wan's slasher flick takes its old school American horror brief so literally that it is crammed with every cliche you remember, whether you wanted to remember them or not.

But as it went on, it genuinely got better, though I must declare this correlated with my progress through a very enjoyable bottle of 19 Crimes - The Uprising.

Wan develops some interesting themes over the course of the plot, which in fairness does try for a degree of originality, and the performances are the right side of hammy.

Worth a look - ideally accompanied by some decent plonk.

Rating: ***

Fishy

Night sleeper new beeb drama