What's in/on Your DVD/VCR/PVR etc

Started by pxr5, February 23, 2022, 08:06:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

R6GYY

I watched Fallout episode 1 last night.

I'm going to try and pace myself with this rather than binge it.

I can only imagine it getting better as it develops.

A most excellent start.

I am aware of the game but have never played it.

captainkurtz

R6GYY

We watched Top Gun: Maverick again last night.

I've also started on series 2 of Alex Rider.

Fishy

Yeah half way thru ep 1 of Fallout
From The Land of Honest Men

Fishy

R6GYY

Quote from: Fishy on April 15, 2024, 10:27:29 PMBlue Lights beeb one
Oooh we are holding off on that one whilst we watch series 2 of Traces.

Fishy

I thought traces season 1  was awful tbh..

dom

Napoleon - epic, stunning battle scenes and great performances from Joaquin Phoenix and Vanessa Kirby

R6GYY

Finished season 2 of Alex Rider, and now 2 episodes in to season 3. This is a solo watch as Sian didn't care for the 1st season.

Fishy

Slim

Watched the first episode of Mammoth last night. A PE teacher is frozen in an avalanche in 1979, and revived perfectly preserved in 2024. A bit like Life on Mars in reverse. Loved it. Especially liked the dialogue with the lesbian PE teacher he shares an office with. BBC2.

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

David L

Quote from: Slim on April 18, 2024, 04:12:54 PMWatched the first episode of Mammoth last night. A PE teacher is frozen in an avalanche in 1979, and revived perfectly preserved in 2024. A bit like Life on Mars in reverse. Loved it. Especially liked the dialogue with the lesbian PE teacher he shares an office with. BBC2.

This was on a few years back. Not sure whether it was pilot episodes but I thought it had sunk without a trace. Surprised to see it back. Amusing, in the most part, for our demographic.
We've recorded it to watch later. I hope it has the wokerati frothing at the mouth!

Slim

Quote from: David L on April 18, 2024, 06:05:36 PMThis was on a few years back. Not sure whether it was pilot episodes but I thought it had sunk without a trace. Surprised to see it back. Amusing, in the most part, for our demographic.

We've recorded it to watch later. I hope it has the wokerati frothing at the mouth!

I was thinking about that last night. In some ways it does have the BBC Woke trademark - the colleague he shares an office with is gay, his best friend is black. But although Tony is obviously an unreconstructed '70s male with no sense of political correctness or propriety, he's not completely a unsympathetic character and some of the jokes work both ways. I think it's pretty inoffensive in both directions.

People like Mammoth really did exist, my driving instructor was one. So were one or two of the people I knew at RR.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

David L

Quote from: Slim on April 18, 2024, 06:47:12 PM
Quote from: David L on April 18, 2024, 06:05:36 PMThis was on a few years back. Not sure whether it was pilot episodes but I thought it had sunk without a trace. Surprised to see it back. Amusing, in the most part, for our demographic.

I was thinking about that last night. In some ways it does have the BBC Woke trademark - the colleague he shares an office with is gay, his best friend is black. Btu although Tony is obviously an unreconstructed '70s male with no sense of political correctness or propriety, he's not completely a unsympathetic character and some of the jokes work both ways. I think it's pretty inoffensive in both directions.

People like Mammoth really did exist, my driving instructor was one. So were one or two of the people I knew at RR.
When I look at that picture, I can smell Brut 33

Slim

Quote from: David L on April 18, 2024, 07:01:39 PMWhen I look at that picture, I can smell Brut 33

Interesting. I get Old Spice.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan