Main Menu

Roger Waters to Re-record DSOTM

Started by Slim, February 09, 2023, 01:56:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slim

I'm not against it really - if he can bring a different, older perspective to it. Pink Floyd was more than Roger Waters but at least - unlike his old bandmates in the past - he won't be pretending to make a Pink Floyd record. I'm already fascinated to hear it.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

pxr5

Not interested personally and I don't care what he does:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/video/2023/feb/09/ukraine-rebukes-pink-floyd-as-brick-in-the-wall-of-russian-propaganda-after-ceasefire-call-video

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/roger-waters-re-recorded-dark-side-of-the-moon-pink-floyd/

"I wrote The Dark Side of the Moon. Let's get rid of all this 'we' crap!" Waters declared during an interview with The Telegraph. "Of course we were a band, there were four of us, we all contributed – but it's my project and I wrote it. So... blah!"
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

Nickslikk2112

Will he lip-synch all the vocals whilst recording it? I hear that the guitar solos will be played on comb and paper too, to expunge the part of David "Don't call me Dave" Gilmour.

pxr5

Not only a comb and paper, but as a pure one-man band, with a drum on his back and everything. In fact he's going to arena tour it, with only him on stage with the real moon behind, slowly turning to reveal the --- Dark Side, oooo. Only people who own houses can go as they'll have to re-mortgage them to be able to afford the tickets.

Fishy

Rog is a right grumpy old cunt .. he can't sing .. is he going to re- record all the rest of them as well.. Nick's obviously a pal but not quite sure why Gilmour and  Wright are getting it in the neck so much
From The Land of Honest Men

pxr5

Has anyone played this yet? I'm not tempted after reading some of the abysmal reviews. But sometimes a review pops up and they love it. I think it may spoil DSOTM if I heard it.   :-X :-X

Slim

Yes, I have it. In my opinion it's breathtaking; a masterwork.

I'd forgotten about this thread, I posted a couple of observations about the early releases from it in the generic DSOTM thread.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Fishy

YouTube had the whole album up a week or so ago and I hated it.. too much spoken word bllx.. deadly dull just awful.. avoid....  maybe he wrote the lyrics but the whole band must have contributed to the original.. how Mason as quoted can say it's brilliant is beyond me .. it's fucking terrible..

And reviews for the concerts didn't look good either
Time to pack it in Rog
From The Land of Honest Men

Slim

For sure the backing band contributed to the original but it's Roger's vision, Roger's piece.

Sometimes when discussions about the post-Waters Floyd arise people argue that Roger and David were the Lennon and McCartney of Floyd respectively, but in truth - Roger was their Lennon and McCartney. David was their George Harrison at most.

Pleased to hear that Nick Mason agrees with me on that, I hadn't heard that.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan