Main Menu

ASOH DVD remix on You tube

Started by Nick, February 02, 2023, 09:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

Quite a stunning polishing job.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2E85dkOYhtQ

And quite the complex story of the new mix by the creator.

Slim

Fascinating. I was at that gig, wish I could say I can remember YYZ in particular as it would have been a highlight but I can't. I do remember Lock & Key and Mission being spectacular. 

I haven't actually watched or listened to ASOH in the present century. This does sound really good, even on YouTube.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Fishy

Plenty of wang bar action there from Lifeson .. nice. Forgot it segued into the drum solo.. not so nice
From The Land of Honest Men

Matt2112

When the house is empty and I can let the soundbar and sub flex their muscles I'll be sure to watch this...

The Picnic Wasp

This is very clever. I love the author's story of how it came together. Quite a complex affair or trial and error to achieve this excellent result. Hope to hear some singing soon as he himself was very pleased with how good it sounded.

pxr5

Top work there and very committed to achieve this. I used to do quite a bit of video encoding back in the day and some sources where really hard to work with, so I can appreciate what he went through to get it right. Sometimes it is just impossible though.
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

Slim

Although the audio is very impressive I will say I'm not so keen on the artificial HD video - it does look a bit unnatural, cartoonish even.

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

The Picnic Wasp

Quote from: Slim on February 04, 2023, 01:19:30 AMAlthough the audio is very impressive I will say I'm not so keen on the artificial HD video - it does look a bit unnatural, cartoonish even.

Although, that Signature logo on the headstock is almost legible and I wonder if that would be the case in a non-enhanced still.

Slim

I think it must be - after all the enhancement can't actually get any more detail out of the source material, it just gives the illusion of that.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Fishy

From The Land of Honest Men