Previous topic - Next topic

R6GYY

Wordle 484 3/6

⬜⬜🟨🟨⬜
🟨⬜⬜⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

All over in a couple of minutes.

Today's starting word was OCEAN.

I tend to use random starting words, but usually only with 2 vowels.

Recent ones have included GROUT that I can remember.

These are ones that I probably have used (they tend to be related to what I have seen / thought about during the day prior to having a go) but cannot really remember . . .

BREAD
NICHE
TODAY

Slim

GROUT, that sounds like a good one.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Slim

Fortuitous choice of starting word this morning. About a minute.

Wordle 485 3/6*

🟩🟩🟩⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩⬛🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

The Picnic Wasp

Wordle 485 3/6

⬜⬜⬜🟩🟩
🟨⬜⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Thought if would have been easier having the last two letters today, but struggled a bit. Five minutes. Didn't think I'd be doing it today. Off to bed early yesterday evening with really bad 'flu symptoms. Tested negative this morning so I'm assuming some other nasty bug doing the rounds. Will test again tomorrow I think, just in case.

Slim

Sorry to hear that - but my own dose of COVID tested negative in the first 24 hrs of the symptoms so you're wise to give it another go tomorrow.

One thing you should be careful to do is to give your nose a good blow first, to replace the old, uninfected mucus in your nostrils with the newly-infected variety, if it's there.

Have we gone off-topic? ::)
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

The Picnic Wasp

Not at all. Thank you. Good advice.

R6GYY

Wordle 485 2/6*

⬜🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

That looks easier than it was. My starting word gave 4 letters, but it took about 5 minutes to come up with a possible word.

Fishy

I always start with semen..
From The Land of Honest Men

Slim

Wordle 486 X/6*

🟨⬛⬛🟨⬛
⬛🟨⬛⬛🟩
🟨⬛🟩⬛🟩
⬛⬛🟩🟩🟩
⬛⬛🟩🟩🟩
⬛⬛🟩🟩🟩

Failure. Made a mistake on the fourth word by disregarding a clue. Careless. Not sure how that was possible as I have "hard mode" enabled in the browser.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

The Picnic Wasp

Wordle 486 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
🟩⬜🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

One minute flat today. Had a bit of a chuckle when the third line unfolded.

The Picnic Wasp

Quote from: Slim on October 18, 2022, 10:08:15 AMWordle 486 X/6*

🟨⬛⬛🟨⬛
⬛🟨⬛⬛🟩
🟨⬛🟩⬛🟩
⬛⬛🟩🟩🟩
⬛⬛🟩🟩🟩
⬛⬛🟩🟩🟩

Failure. Made a mistake on the fourth word by disregarding a clue. Careless. Not sure how that was possible as I have "hard mode" enabled in the browser.

Am I missing part of the game? I didn't realise there are modes or clues. Do I need to have a NYT account for more content?

R6GYY

Wordle 486 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
🟨🟨⬜🟨⬜
⬜🟨⬜🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

That was a bit of a challenge again.

R6GYY

Quote from: The Picnic Wasp on October 18, 2022, 10:26:03 AMAm I missing part of the game? I didn't realise there are modes or clues. Do I need to have a NYT account for more content?
There is a settings 'Cog' in the top right hand corner of my screen, which lets you set HARD MODE. This according to the blurb: "Any revealed hints must be used in subsequent guesses".

I am not sure it always remembers the settings though, as I have been caught out before.

Slim

Quote from: The Picnic Wasp on October 18, 2022, 10:26:03 AMAm I missing part of the game? I didn't realise there are modes or clues. Do I need to have a NYT account for more content?

The "clues" just refer to the information provided in the feedback for each entry. So from my effort from today:

The clues from the third word on (for example) are that the solution has an I and a T in the third and fifth positions respectively, and an S somewhere else. The eliminated letters at this point RANFGHPL are also considered clues or hints.

If you click the cog in the top right (in a desktop web browser anyway) you get a settings dialogue:

"Hard mode" is supposed to prevent you from ignoring clues (or "hints") when you input a word, so I don't understand how I was able to deploy the first T in the fourth attempt, when it had been ruled out from being in that position after the first word.

I don't have an NYT account.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

The Picnic Wasp

Thank you. Clear now. I'm glad it's this and not actual clues like a crossword. It would spoil the concept.