Wordle - may contain spoilers

Started by Slim, February 23, 2022, 12:42:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slim

Wordle 802 3/6

⬛🟨🟨⬛⬛
🟩⬛🟨🟨⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Another decent effort, took a few minutes though.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Thenop

Couldn't believe it showed up at attempt 3. Happy though!
Wordle 802 3/6

⬛⬛🟨⬛⬛
⬛🟨⬛🟨⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

dom

Wordle 802 5/6

⬜🟨⬜⬜🟨
🟨🟨🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟨⬜🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Took a while to make my 4th guess 5- 10 mins, but once I came up with a word I was convinced it was right. Was surprised when the final tile didn't turn green! At least I got it on the next guess this time!

R6GYY

Wordle 802 3/6*

⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

That took about 10 minutes. Quite a struggle to think of a word that fit that didn't use letters that I had already ruled out.

Fishy

Wordle 803 5/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩
⬜⬜🟨⬜🟩
⬜🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟨🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

2 mins....
From The Land of Honest Men

The Picnic Wasp

Wordle 803 2/6

⬛🟩🟩⬛🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Well, the unreal run continues. Good start with my fixture line one which I thought had taken me to alternative nightmare territory. However, after eliminating previous solutions from the list I was left with three possibles, one being very unlikely and again picked luckily with the 50/50. About three minutes.

Thenop

20 seconds, very lucky with the opening word here.
Wordle 803 2/6

🟩🟩🟨⬛🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Slim

90 seconds, or thereabouts. Nice incremental progress but took four goes.

Wordle 803 4/6

🟨⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛🟩⬛⬛🟩
⬛🟩🟩⬛🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

The Picnic Wasp

Quote from: Thenop on August 31, 2023, 09:32:36 AM20 seconds, very lucky with the opening word here.
Wordle 803 2/6

🟩🟩🟨⬛🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Looking at your line one I think I could hazard a guess at what that word might be. If so, then it appears on the list of previous solutions which I consult when playing. I use it all the time now so hope that's ok in the spirit of fair play. It's certainly been of great help to me, especially recently which makes sense as the list of eliminations grows ever larger. If no one else is using this list then please disregard my results in the league table and I will carry on for fun only as Wordle is strangely addictive.

Thenop

Quote from: The Picnic Wasp on August 31, 2023, 10:07:27 AM
Quote from: Thenop on August 31, 2023, 09:32:36 AM20 seconds, very lucky with the opening word here.
Wordle 803 2/6

🟩🟩🟨⬛🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Looking at your line one I think I could hazard a guess at what that word might be. If so, then it appears on the list of previous solutions which I consult when playing. I use it all the time now so hope that's ok in the spirit of fair play. It's certainly been of great help to me, especially recently which makes sense as the list of eliminations grows ever larger. If no one else is using this list then please disregard my results in the league table and I will carry on for fun only as Wordle is strangely addictive.

I bet you can, and I bet it is. But is gets increasingly more difficult to find words that meet my criteria that have not been used, that I know of. I don't really care either. If one day with a stroke of luck I hit a hole in one, it'll be that more satisfying.

The Picnic Wasp

Quote from: Thenop on August 31, 2023, 10:46:51 AM
Quote from: The Picnic Wasp on August 31, 2023, 10:07:27 AM
Wordle 803 2/6

🟩🟩🟨⬛🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I bet you can, and I bet it is. But is gets increasingly more difficult to find words that meet my criteria that have not been used, that I know of. I don't really care either. If one day with a stroke of luck I hit a hole in one, it'll be that more satisfying.

Just answered this a moment ago and got timed out.🤬 That's why I decided to stick with the same start word every day, hoping that it might just go all green on that first hit. I don't know what I'd do if it happened. Maybe once the itch is scratched I'd need to move onto something else. My start word has been unnaturally successful of late not having bombed too often at all but I find using the previous solutions list enormously helpful. My main issue is usually thinking of a line two guess so this run is exceptionally welcome.

R6GYY

Wordle 803 5/6

⬜⬜🟩⬜🟩
⬜⬜🟩⬜🟩
⬜🟩🟩⬜🟩
⬜🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Too many alternatives again!

dom

Similar story with my attempt this morning...

Wordle 803 6/6

⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨⬜🟩
⬜🟩⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Thenop

Again, under a minute.
Wordle 804 3/6

🟨⬛⬛🟩⬛
🟩🟩⬛🟩🟩