Wordle - may contain spoilers

Started by Slim, February 23, 2022, 12:42:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slim

Wordle 550 3/6

⬛🟨⬛🟩⬛
🟨⬛⬛🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

This was very painful. Took me about an hour to see the third word. I was optimistic that I'd get it in three though, because there clearly weren't many words that would have worked (I suspect it was the only one). What a relief when I saw it.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Fishy

Wordle 551 3/6

⬜🟨⬜⬜🟨
🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

From zero to hero.. that was lucky...
From The Land of Honest Men

The Picnic Wasp

Wordle 551 5/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
🟨⬜🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

The only words I can think of now are very bad ones. Chased a single letter all over the shop and couldn't buy a vowel. I shall limp on regardless with my Christmas smile painted on. Good luck guys it's all still there to play for.

Slim

This was even more painful than yesterday.

Wordle 551 5/6

⬛⬛🟨⬛⬛
⬛⬛⬛🟨🟨
⬛🟨🟨🟨⬛
⬛⬛🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

R6GYY

Wordle 551 3/6*

⬜🟨⬜🟨🟨
🟨⬜⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Well I went with a SLICE of the BREAD that the Picnic Wasp started with the other day, and it was a very fruitful slice.

When I got the final 2 letters I had to think quite a bit to get a word ending with them.

Slim

I actually thought of a word to fit - INCEL pretty soon after my third go. But I really wanted to get it in four, and I was pretty sure it wasn't the solution. In the end I gave up. Of course it didn't take long with three green squares in place.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Slim

Quote from: Slim on December 19, 2022, 04:59:35 PMPast the half way point now and I have a slender lead! I'm sure I've peaked too early, Arsenal-style. You should be always be able to see the table here; the spreadsheet will be updated daily of course.

Just quoting the post with the link to the table .. as you can see my lead has evaporated now. Still very close at the top of the table with one point separating the top three places. But mathematically, with two rounds to go, anyone can win it.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

R6GYY

Wordle 552 4/6*

⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟨⬜🟨🟨
🟨🟩🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I thought I would get in early today, as I've got a lot on. G'luck y'all.

Slim

Wordle 552 4/6

🟨🟨🟨⬛⬛
🟨🟨🟨⬛⬛
⬛🟨🟩🟨⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Quick one this morning for a change, five minutes.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Fishy

Wordle 552 3/6

🟩⬜⬜🟩⬜
🟩⬜⬜🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

That took an age to work out.. got there in the end...

The Picnic Wasp

Wordle 552 3/6

🟩⬜🟨🟨⬜
🟩⬜🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I really felt something was on for a moment. My start word ADORE popped in my head from Adeste Fideles and when three letters appeared including the first, I was sure divine intervention was at work and that a line two finish was a certainty. As you religious guys are all too aware these types of thoughts are sinful, so my arrogance was quickly put in check 😁. I wasn't quite sure where to place the smiley face in that last sentence. 😂

Slim

Well that's certainly set us up for a tantalising sprint finish tomorrow. Best of luck, everyone.

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

The Picnic Wasp

Wow! Looks like you might need to set up a tie-breaker James. Unless you all flop and I roll a six.😉

Slim

Well I could suggest that the person with the highest single score would win in the event of a tie, but - that would be a bit self-serving. Also it wouldn't usually work in the general case. We'll just settle for a tied first and/or second place.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Fishy

Good luck everyone.. it's quite exciting this😀