Wordle - may contain spoilers

Started by Slim, February 23, 2022, 12:42:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slim

Wordle 509 3/6

⬛🟨⬛🟨🟨
🟨⬛🟩🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Pretty quick today. The second word was more helpful than it looks, because the second yellow had to be in one of the first two positions. And there was no way on Earth that the two yellow letters could be side by side in the first two positions. Therefore the penultimate letter of the solution was already known.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

The Picnic Wasp

Wordle 509 4/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨🟨
🟨🟨🟨🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟨🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Bah! Fie! Fiddlesticks!

Should've clawed a point back there but went for the anagram of the solution on line three. About two minutes though as a new random start word was quite useful, so mustn't complain. All still to play for.

R6GYY

Wordle 509 3/6*

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜🟨🟩🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Another quick one today. I simply reversed the 2 yellow letters in the 2nd word and the answer popped into my head. It could have been other words though, so I count myself lucky to have picked the correct one.

R6GYY

Wordle 510 4/6*

⬜⬜⬜🟨🟨
🟨🟩⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟨⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Bit more of a challenge today I thought.

The Picnic Wasp

Wordle 510 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟨🟨🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I really need to stop the random way I select a start word and stick to a plan. Nearly went with VOCAL which would have given me a nice little last two letters start (although a V is a bit adventurous). But no, decided on BROTH with only one vowel but felt like inspiration (but wasn't). Three buts in that sentence. Messy!

Slim

Wordle 510 5/6

⬛⬛🟨⬛🟨
⬛🟨⬛🟨🟩
🟨⬛⬛🟩🟩
⬛🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Got stuck after the second word, for a while. My cycling habit arguably gave me a disadvantage on the fourth word.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Slim

So after four days, the scoreboard looks like this:

Interestingly I have the best and worst scores; I'm statistically the least consistent player.

Still everything to play for.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Slim

Wordle 511 4/6

🟨⬛🟨⬛⬛
🟨⬛🟨⬛🟩
⬛🟩⬛🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

About 15 minutes, most of it pondering the clues from the second word, which I did find a bit confounding for a while. I was delighted to think of a word to fit. Disappointed and surprised it wasn't the solution, but going through the remaining possibilities in my head suggested another candidate within a minute or so.

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

The Picnic Wasp

Wordle 511 4/6

🟨🟨🟨⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨🟨🟩
🟨⬜🟨⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I knew I needed to make up some ground today but alas, it was not to be. I tried for some inspiration, picking a Rush song TEARS as my start word. Good start but came to nought when superstition had to be replaced by thinking. I thought I had it on three, but I'll use being distracted by the roofer arriving to repair a hip tile as my reason for a stupid error. Onwards.

R6GYY

Wordle 511 4/6*

🟨🟩⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩⬜🟨🟨
⬜🟩⬜🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I thought I would start with a LAUGH today. Steady progress after that, with a time of I guess around 6 or 7 minutes.

I try to start with a 2 vowel word, but mix up those 2 vowels on different days.

R6GYY

Wordle 512 3/6*

⬜🟨🟨⬜🟩
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

About 2 minutes today. Pretty good starting word.

The Picnic Wasp

Wordle 512 2/6

⬜⬜🟩🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Good old GRAIN! Once I had mentally juggled the letters I could only think of two possibilities. I wasn't sure that one was actually a real word so this fell nicely for me today. About three minutes mostly spent worrying that I was being hasty.

Slim

Wordle 512 4/6

⬛⬛🟨🟨⬛
🟨🟩🟩⬛⬛
⬛🟩🟩⬛🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I was reluctant to use DREAM as a starting word today because it was the solution a few days ago - and therefore it wasn't going to to be the solution today. Of course the odds against getting it in one are very high, but I don't like to rule it out.

Nonetheless I did use DREAM. It wasn't very useful.

I was stuck for ten minutes after the third word - even though I had three in place. Ended up writing down all of the possible first letters and going through candidates for the fourth letter methodically against all of them. I ruled out some of the first letters beforehand of course, eg it was never going to be XNA-E or HNA-E.

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

R6GYY

Wordle 513 3/6*

⬜🟨⬜⬜🟩
⬜⬜🟨🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Quite pleased with that.

Slim

Wordle 513 4/6

⬛⬛🟨⬛⬛
🟨🟨⬛⬛⬛
⬛🟩🟨🟨⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

About 5 minutes.

By the way the live scoreboard can be seen here.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan