🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Bit cheeky that one I thought.

The Picnic Wasp

Wordle 481 4/6

⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨🟩⬜
⬜🟨⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Calmer attempt today. Eight minutes for the penny to drop.

Slim

Took about an hour, although I did take part in a meeting concurrently.

Wordle 481 5/6*

⬛⬛🟨⬛⬛
🟨🟨⬛🟨⬛
🟨🟨🟩⬛⬛
⬛⬛🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I was outraged when my fourth word didn't score a win. And it took me a very long time to think of the solution. In the end I was methodically going through every combination of available letters.

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

R6GYY

Wordle 481 5/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟨🟨⬜🟨
🟨🟨🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟨⬜🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Well that was a real struggle. Kept coming back to it. As the usual suspects have already posted, I think it safe to say without spoiling anything that it took me all day to realise that a Q can go in front of a U <sigh>.

R6GYY

Wordle 482 5/6

⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
🟨⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜🟨🟩⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟩🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Tricky one today but not too long to solve.

Slim

I deployed the third word reluctantly, because I don't like to use the same letter twice in the same word.

Wordle 482 3/6*

⬛🟨⬛⬛⬛
🟨🟨⬛⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

The Picnic Wasp

Wordle 482 3/6

⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟨⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

A real struggle today. Similar thoughts to James. It forced me into the choice as that second letter was causing me anxiety. 24 minutes.

The Picnic Wasp

Wordle 483 2/6

⬜⬜🟨🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Six minutes of wrestling with the remaining alphabet but a good feeling when they roll in like that.

Slim

Only took five minutes, but resulted in failure.

Wordle 483 X/6*

🟨⬛🟨⬛⬛
⬛⬛⬛🟨🟨
⬛🟩🟩⬛⬛
⬛🟩🟩🟨⬛
⬛🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬛🟩🟩🟩🟩
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

R6GYY

Wordle 483 6/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

That start scared me, and then not being correct on the 4th go surprised me. That could easily have been a failure had I not guessed the correct one of the two possible remaining 1st letters. Having been there before, I do feel James' pain.

Slim

Very quick indeed this morning. The second word was a bit lazy, it had two instances of the same letter and I don't usually do that without spending a few minutes looking for an alternative. But it gave me three letters in place (the yellow result had already been tried in the first position).

About two minutes.

Wordle 484 4/6*

🟨⬛🟨🟨⬛
⬛🟨🟩⬛🟩
🟩⬛🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

The Picnic Wasp

Wordle 484 5/6

🟨🟨⬜⬜⬜
🟨🟩⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

This now has a worrying grip on me. Not long after I awake I start to think about what my start word might be. Something usually randomly usually comes to me quite quickly. Two minutes today. Thought I had it as the third word unfolded, then I was sure on the fourth and was taken aback when it wasn't. Took a moment and ran through the remaining letters and was slightly relieved I hadn't picked in haste.

Slim

These are some of my starting words, interested to hear what other people use.

TRAIN
RATIO
RADIO
EARTH
DREAM

I used this one for a while but although it contains four vowels, actually I don't think it is as useful as you might think. I don't believe the I or the U are as useful as (say) N or T or R.

ADIEU

I like to get one or more of N / R / T in there as soon as possible, whether on the first word or as soon as possible afterwards.

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

The Picnic Wasp

I've only just started taking screenshots of my games, so here are my last five;

PAINT
BRACE
TRAIN
STAIN
PROUD

I notice we both had train.

Slim

Yes. Two vowels + N,R,T.

PAINT, that's a good one. I've used PROUD in the pat a few times as well, once or twice as a second word where it's fitted the clues.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan