Started by Slim, February 23, 2022, 12:42:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Picnic Wasp

Wordle 477 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
🟩🟩⬜⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Still scratching my head as to why I got this.

Slim

Less than a minute today, although I thought the third word was a long shot.

Wordle 477 3/6*

⬛⬛⬛⬛🟨
🟩🟩⬛⬛🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

R6GYY

Wordle 477 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟨🟩⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

A bit of a shock getting 2 full blanks. Took me a couple of minutes to play around with the letters that were left. I too, thought my last attempt a bit of a long shot.

The Picnic Wasp

Now that the spoiler risk it out of the way, here's hoping for a few days of non American vernacular or US spelling. Unless it's a Monday/Tuesday of Vapor/Trail.

Slim

Don't worry about posting spoilers in this thread - the thread title has an explicit warning against them and I don't believe anyone visits this thread pre-Wordle on any given day.

I do use spoiler tags sometimes but I'm probably being over-cautious.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Slim

This one took about an hour! Although I was multitasking.

Wordle 478 5/6*

⬛⬛⬛⬛🟨
⬛🟨⬛⬛🟩
⬛⬛🟨🟨🟩
🟩🟩⬛🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I had a very hard time thinking of a fourth word to fit the clues. When I did, I was already congratulating myself. Prematurely, as it turned out.

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

The Picnic Wasp

Wordle 478 2/6

⬜⬜⬜🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Very happy today. Getting the fourth letter on my first guess was a big help but it took about four minutes for my brain to rattle about with options until the penny dropped. I like this puzzle, probably because there's quite an element of luck as well as thought process, so I don't beat myself up too much on bad days.

R6GYY

Wordle 478 5/6

⬜🟨⬜🟨⬜
🟨🟩⬜🟨⬜
⬜🟩🟨⬜🟨
🟩🟩⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I quite enjoyed the challenge today. I guess that my 4th attempt was the same as James' 4th attempt  8) 

Slim

Wordle 479 4/6*

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛⬛🟨⬛⬛
⬛🟨🟩⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Ten minutes, most of it pondering the last word. Tried a new first word, didn't work well today.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

The Picnic Wasp

Wordle 479 6/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟨⬜🟨⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Wrong frame of mind I think today. Found it all a bit frustrating so should really have put in down and returned later. Instead committed the defeatist sin of re-using a failed letter just to make an actual word. Fluked it by picking up the first letter. Finding no pride in today's performance, so therefore tomorrow's start word is proud.

The Picnic Wasp

Quote from: Slim on October 11, 2022, 10:07:47 AMWordle 479 4/6*

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛⬛🟨⬛⬛
⬛🟨🟩⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Ten minutes, most of it pondering the last word. Tried a new first word, didn't work well today.

Very impressed that you solved it from there.

Slim

I don't think I'd have found another word to fit! If indeed there is one.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

R6GYY

Wordle 479 4/6

⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

After the 3rd attempt, a spent some time away. Came back about an hour later and looked again - and got the answer very quickly.

The Picnic Wasp

Wordle 480 4/6

⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Six minutes. Strangely wasn't immediately obvious to me after third guess but gradually sunk into place.

Slim

Interesting one.

Wordle 480 4/6*

⬛⬛🟨⬛🟨
⬛🟨🟩⬛🟨
⬛🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Took about 20 minutes. I was certainly scratching my head after the third word, because the only other word I could think to fit wasn't possible (first letter eliminated). But of course it was straightforward to consider the available possibilities after that.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan