Wordle - may contain spoilers

Started by Slim, February 23, 2022, 12:42:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slim

Lucky with the first word today, but unlucky with the guess that followed. Got it in two, yesterday.

Wordle 249 3/6

🟨🟨⬛🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩⬛🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Nick

Is there an easy way to post that or do you have to upload it to a image sharing website first? I never got to grips with posting images on the TNMS. Are photos copy and pasteable  here?

Slim

It's not an image actually, it's a set of blocky characters that work on a webpage. if you do the 'share' option on the Wordle page it will copy the result to your clipboard so you can paste it.

Copy & pasting photos won't work here but I'll look into setting up a photo attachment option.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Slim

OK so if you use the REPLY option rather than Quick Reply you'll see an 'Attachments' option. You can browse images on your PC there and upload them as part of a post - they have to be 128KB or less. Here's a random pic of a bike as a demo.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Slim

First time I've had a full row of non-present letters on the first go..

Wordle 250 5/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛🟩🟩⬛⬛
⬛🟩🟩⬛🟩
⬛🟩🟩🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

dom

Do you go for the same word each time?  I've got into the habit of starting with Adieu as most of the vowels are included.  Not sure if that's particularly beneficial but its the habit I've gotten into

Slim

I often start with EARTH, but not every time. All common letters. Didn't do that today.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Neillwith2Ls

I got hooked on this for a few weeks, but missed a few days which seemed to reset my streak. Still play most days, my starting word is usually SOARE (a young hawk), maxing out the vowels and using S.

There's also a maths based clone which is a lot of fun too:
https://nerdlegame.com/

Nick

I always start with another word (contains 4 vowels). I begin the day with wordle over breakfast and a coffee, excellent fun website. I also do Worldle https://worldle.teuteuf.fr/ which is also excellent but obviously limited.

Slim

Wordle 251 4/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛⬛⬛⬛🟩
🟩⬛⬛🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Unusual game for me, that one. Second consecutive day with 5 blanks on the first go, as well.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Slim

Wordle 252 4/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
🟩⬛🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Third day in a row I've drawn a blank on the first row. But it does eliminate 5 letters. Unlucky not to think of the right word on the third go.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Nick

I always start with Audio

Slim

Wordle 253 4/6

🟨⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛⬛🟩🟩⬛
⬛⬛🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Quite quick this morning. Still took four goes, though. Nice to get two letters in place on the second go.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Slim

Wordle 254 4/6

⬛⬛⬛🟨⬛
🟩⬛🟨⬛⬛
⬛⬛🟩⬛🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Slim

Quick one this morning, less than two minutes. Still took four goes though.

Wordle 255 4/6

🟨⬛🟨⬛⬛
⬛⬛⬛🟩🟨
🟩⬛🟩🟩⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan