One Year!

Started by Slim, January 28, 2023, 09:29:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slim

Between the Wheels started one year ago today, and we passed the 10,000 post milestone a few days ago (although admittedly, I'd typed nearly a quarter of them myself).

It's certainly been a year of change, hasn't it? We lost our reigning monarch, we lost a Prime Minister, or two, and of course we lost what was to some of us our Internet home-from-home when the good ship T-N-M-S disappeared beneath the waves.

I started this site as a sort of escape pod of course, and I'm very happy that we have some of the same sense of community that prevailed in the old place.

Thanks to all of you who have contributed, and if you've merely lurked, thanks for your interest.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Nick

Thanks for providing a place for us poor refugees.

The Picnic Wasp

Thank you James. That was a quick year. Hopefully buy you a drink one day for providing this enjoyable safety net.

pxr5

Wow a year already. I really hope all forums like this will prevail over the social media dross.
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

Fishy

Is that a year already.. wow.. well done one and all...
From The Land of Honest Men

pdw1

Quote from: Nick on January 28, 2023, 09:41:50 PMThanks for providing a place for us poor refugees.
Yes thanks Slim for setting it up and keeping things running. 10,000 post is not bad in a year even if you did post a quarter of them.

dom

I really appreciate having this site. Thanks Slim for setting it up and keeping it running.

David L

Thanks James. Love to buy you a drink some day  ;)

Nickslikk2112

Happy Birthday to Us :)

Matt2112

That has absolutely flown.

Just to add my gratitude to James for his sterling efforts. :)

captainkurtz

Thanks James.  It still feels like TNMS to me.

Will raise a coffee in Stewart's memory..

R6GYY

This has indeed been a lifeline and I too express my gratitude to James for his endeavours in setting this forum up and welcoming us in.

Cheers y'all.

Slim

Quote from: Slim on January 28, 2023, 09:29:44 PMBetween the Wheels started one year ago today, and we passed the 10,000 post milestone a few days ago (although admittedly, I'd typed nearly a quarter of them myself).

Well, another year has passed and the very least I can say is that we're consistent - we passed 20,000 posts a while ago (and I've still typed about a quarter of them myself)!

Thanks to everyone who's contributed this last year. Best wishes everyone.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

dom

Started reading this thread  and thought to myself, feels longer than a year 🙄

Thenop

Well done to us. Still happy to be here among such fine companion.

And of course, much appreciation to James for maintaining this while condoning us.