ChatGPT

Started by Slim, January 25, 2023, 02:57:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Picnic Wasp

I watched a Jordan Peterson lecture, where he discussed requesting an essay in the style of....... I don't know how to use this and to be honest it gives me the fear, but what would happen if you gave it a subject like, War In Europe Today and requested a lyric or poem in the style of Neil Peart? Would its programming be so far reaching as to be able to analyse the writing of a comparatively obscure rock drummer, or only writers like Dickens etc?

dom

Anyone like me who wanted to give it a go but didn't want to pay for it...

https://chat.openai.com/auth/login

Matt2112

Apparently, prompting ChatGPT to adopt the persona of an AI chatbot with the acronym "DAN" (Do Anything Now) somehow "breaks" the chat protocols, resulting in some...interesting discussions unhindered by such things as political correctness. :-\

Slim

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

dom

That's pretty impressive. Great question! If it had been Neil Peart I'd say that might have been a first draft.

The Picnic Wasp

Thank you for doing this, James. I'm quite blown away to be honest. Whilst it doesn't quite shine the way Neil's lyrics do, it certainly has a feel of his approach to a subject. As Dom says, it could easily pass as a rough draft of something he just wished to highlight pointers to, to return to later. I could imagine Geddy applying melody to something like this, taking some rough edges off to eventually coax it into a more artistic finish. The second response is incredible though. How can so much information be in the grasp and control of this invention? I really thought that despite his fame, Neil would be a step too obscure at this stage. How wrong I was. Truly mind boggling stuff. I'm surprised it didn't mention the downed US drone.

David L

Quote from: Slim on March 14, 2023, 05:16:48 PM
Man, that's poor! Be right at home on Roll The Bones though. Companion piece for Heresy - Pt II of Drivel 
Rhyming hope with Europe, ffs  ;D  ;)

David L

Couild you write a lyric about a war in present day Europe in the style of the Sex Pistols?

It was the price for peace
For the Cold war to cease
Not an inch to the east
We won't prod the beast

We couldn't resist
We knew you'd get pissed
Foment the unrest
Uncle Sam knows best

Chorus

Uncle Sam
No hidden agenda
Uncle Sam
Dollars we'll lend ya
Uncle Sam
Want your mineral wealth
Uncle Sam
We'll take it by stealth

Shells rain on Donbass
Sharp stick up Putin's ass
Burgers and fries
Then everyone dies

Tempt you with EU
Then say "fuck you"
Ruskies blew up Nordstream
Or was that just a wet dream

Chorus

Hunter's on the payroll
Addict scored an own goal
Burisma paid the lad
Kickback for his dad

Zelensky's outstretched palms
Will take all our arms
The industry thrives
While you lose your lives

Chorus

Will it go Nuclear
Just like Gary Lineker
"Who gives a shit"
"We didn't start it"

Weaken the bear
Destroy everywhere
We'll get the power
"Fuck the sunflower"

;D

Slim

I can imagine Lydon sneering these words, but - I think he'd have written something more caustic. I think they'd have had a more condemnatory and sarcastic tone, not a "stop the war and end the pain" sort of vibe.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Matt2112

This program reminds me of "The Akinator", an app my little 'un likes where a mystical character tries to guess a real or fictional person you're thinking of by asking questions and eliminating possibilities based on "Yes/No/Don't Know/Probably" responses.

Of course, it's not infallible, but when it correctly guesses what you might think is a pretty obscure person or character the effect is quite uncanny.

Slim

I wanted to modify one of my BASH scripts this morning - so as an exercise, I asked ChatGPT to do it. Just a minor change, but it did it correctly.

Then I asked it if it could tell what the purpose of the script is. It was spot on.

Made me feel slightly uncomfortable in all honesty. There's no direct way to infer the above information from the script. It takes a bit of intuition; especially about the blocks being a representation of the time spent.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

The Picnic Wasp

Unfortunately a sundial and a crayon would work for me at the moment.

Slim

Very interesting Twitter thread about Autonomous AI Agents here:

https://twitter.com/SullyOmarr/status/1645828811680800768

.. and it touches on something I was thinking about a couple of weeks ago. Eventually, AI systems will be built by AI systems built by AI systems built by AI systems ... and so on.

They will grow ever more sophisticated and capable with each generation. Eventually humans will no more understand how they work than we understand how human brains work. We won't understand the code. Perhaps they'll become sapient; conscious.

The crucial thing will be to maintain safeguards so that we still have control.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Slim

This isn't directly GhatGPT related, but I didn't think we needed a third AI thread, so: a statement from Peter Gabriel.

https://petergabriel.com/news/ai-competition-statement/

Actually just to bring us on topic:

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Slim

The CEO of OpenAI, owners of ChatGPT is as I type being questioned by the US Congress.

Very clever intervention by a Senator Richard Blumenthal at the 15:11 mark here.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan