ISS Sighting Tonight (Thu 19th Jan)

Started by Slim, January 19, 2023, 01:01:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slim

Should be a good one, nice clear skies here. 6:20pm for about three minutes (in the Midlands). Visible to the south so - the further north you are, the less the visible duration.

But it should be visible for about a minute at least as long as the sky's clear, wherever you are in Europe I think.

https://spotthestation.nasa.gov/sightings/index.cfm

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Slim

Clear skies again tonight and two passes of the ISS should be visible - at 5:32pm, then one orbit later at 7:07pm.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Nickslikk2112

Saw the 19:07 one. Not a long one, but clear. ISS slightly fainter and more yellow than Jupiter at maximum.

Matt2112

Yes, short but sweet sighting on the dog walk tonight, away from the lights, atop a local farm's hill (on a public thoroughfare, I hasten to add).

There were some clouds around but fortunately in the opposite direction to the northeast, so I had an unimpeded view.  It's amazing to think there are several people somewhere within that speck of light.

Slim

I saw the 5:32pm one - lower in the sky than last time and I had to walk to a spot with decent visibility to the south. Amazing to think that in the four minutes it was visible this evening, it would have travelled over 1000 miles.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan