Guardians Of The Galaxy: Volume 3

Started by R6GYY, May 12, 2023, 03:35:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

R6GYY

Hopefully spoiler free views below

4/5

2 word headline review: Emotional rollercoaster.

Funny, violent, brutal, disturbing.

Couple of acting notes . . .

Will Poulter (who I have liked since seeing him as young cousin Eustace in Voyage Of The Dawn Treader) is having so much fun here as Warlock. I hope we get to see more of him in future Marvel outings somehow.

Chukwudi Iwuji as the "mad scientist with a God complex" chews up the scenery big time, but the role demands it, and he is sooooo good at it.

Fantastic.

Be warned that this is NOT entertainment for all the family though. This is a 12A and features some very disturbing scenes and subject matter. Disturbing enough for me, so how a 12 year old would handle some of Rocket's back story I'm not sure. I don't think that is a spoiler - there are heavy hints in the trailers.

Just a word of caution there folks.

I see that James Gunn's Suicide Squad is now available on Prime Video. I might do a private viewing of that sometime as I didn't see it in the cinema.

R6GYY

Glad to hear that Mark Kermode teared up in the same places that I did by the sounds of it.

pxr5

Movie night tonight and we'll be watching this. My son and his girlfriend are coming round to watch it with us.
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

pxr5

We all really enjoyed this; a great ending to a great series of movies with a possibility of some spinoffs. A nice King Crimson/Adrian Belew reference in the post credit scenes too. I agree with Reg about Will Poulter - he was really impressive in the role of Warlock.
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."