Holidays 2023

Started by Nick, December 30, 2022, 09:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

Under pressure from the wife to "get it sorted".

Nickslikk2112

Tell her to sort it herself if she wants it doing. Make sure you say "BITCH" at the end too.

pxr5

My wife and I have agreed that overseas holidays won't be happening for us in the near future (which I'm so pleased about). So far though, we've booked a dog-friendly cottage in Derbyshire in May for a week and we're really looking forward to it. There are so many parts of the UK I've never been to and look forward to exploring some of those in the future.
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

Matt2112

Top of the list is Santorini next August, which will be a new Greek island for me.

Should have more vocab down by then!

Nickslikk2112

I suppose we might have a couple of gourmet breaks this year.
Was thinking about taking Mrs S on a train trip to Stockholm then catching the ferry to Helsinki and back to Stockholm then reverse the journey just for the LULZ

Fishy

We've got a  break in Dumfries Hetland Hall)  for a couple of nights next week.. should be Arran but didn't want to take the risk with the  ferries... which has turned out to be a wise move

No doubt two weeks somewhere sunny during the summer will be on the cards...
From The Land of Honest Men

Nick

We drew up a short list, European hols, to be honest I really think you can't go wrong with Greece but we have been a few times.

Maybe Sicily?

pdw1

Quote from: Nick on December 31, 2022, 12:34:23 PMWe drew up a short list, European hols, to be honest I really think you can't go wrong with Greece but we have been a few times.

Maybe Sicily?
Sicily is a fantastic place. Some incredible architecture to visit, volcanoes and other beautiful scenery, food is fantastic and the people lovely.

Fishy

Yep we did Sicily for a week in Sept 2019.. nice place and did an Etna tour

captainkurtz

A week in the Isle of Skye booked in April.
Musing Thailand for a fortnight over Christmas next year.  A very expensive building project commencing next month means I really need to wait to see how that pans out first..

Slim

We're off on a cruise to the Caribbean again in a few weeks' time. Then the North 500 later in the year.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Red Lenses

Lanzarote booked for the end of March, can't wait to go and switch off from the world for 9 nights.

Fishy

We're doing Lanza in mid April for a week with friends

Fishy

Off to Lanza for a week on Sunday👍🍺🍷

Nick

Corfu in June, Devon for the rest of the year  ;)