Main Menu

Polyphia

Started by Slim, December 29, 2022, 09:51:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slim

I can't say I'm a fan exactly but Polyphia came to my attention when they recorded a song with Steve Vai called Ego Death. Their guitar player, Tim Henson is an eye-poppingly talented player. Here he talks to Rick Beato. In a time when there's so much cynical, manufactured and superficial music around I find it really refreshing that a young musician is so invested in the art of writing and recording music.

Actually I've just checked and he's not that young .. 29. Which makes me feel a bit old, because he looks about 19 to me. But what a player.

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Matt2112

Can't compose for sh!t though.

Guthrie does all the circus tricks thing far more engagingly.

Slim

Guthrie is a very different sort of player. I would agree that he does circus tricks sometimes (that improbable legato thing he does for example). I don't think Tim does.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

The Picnic Wasp

I like the look of Tim Henson's new Ibanez nylon string signature. I don't have a nylon stringed guitar. Must get one so it can join the growing pile of instruments getting played not nearly enough. Strangely my most regularly played guitar is my newly acquired Squier Affinity Strat Ltd Edition. Sells for £249 but GAK had it in the Black Friday sale for £149 which I snapped up. I like the idea of having a guitar that can stay out all the time without the worry of damage. Sounds pretty good with the Boss Katana Mini my sister bought me for Christmas. £244 for the entire "rig". The Mini is great. I have it on battery power so click the switch and away you go. No stretching with plugs and cables. The best thing about this modern technical world is that wires are disappearing. I hate wires.