Artificial Intelligence Chat

Started by Slim, December 22, 2022, 10:54:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slim

Here's another one. This guy has really thoroughly ingested the blue pill.

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

The Picnic Wasp

Music Radar with an article on AI being used to copy the sound of an artist's voice. Kanye West's voice added to a track written by a producer apparently sounds very convincing with only small detectable differences in certain deliveries. 1976 Geddy vocal next please!

Slim

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Fishy

From The Land of Honest Men

Slim

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Slim

Geoffrey Hinton, one of the pioneers of language processing AI systems, has left Google so that he can speak out about the dangers of generative AI systems.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/05/01/technology/ai-google-chatbot-engineer-quits-hinton.html
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

The Picnic Wasp

I'm beginning to think a bit obsessionally about AI from time to time (if that counts as obsessionally). The deeper aspects and possible consequences thereof are mind-blowingly terrifying, however, the more trivial spin-offs such as music creation are fascinating. Musicradar have this article;

https://www.musicradar.com/how-to/ai-vocal-covers

The McCartney example Fishy posted above is indeed, Wow! I'd mentioned earlier of a possible Geddy circa '76 working of the technology and the article goes on to provide a link to the software developer behind this black magic. I wish I had the knowledge to become involved but even Logic Pro baffles me quite often.

The Picnic Wasp

This does sound quite like an Oasis tape. Apparently songs are by a band called Breezer, with Liam AI'd

https://youtu.be/whB21dr2Hlc

Edit: without all the MusicRadar blurb.

Slim

In recent days I've experimented with another couple of AI chatbot services.

Character.AI

Among other chatbot characters this offers a "virtual girlfriend". The annoying thing about this one is that there's a NSFW filter that kicks in if she says something too spicy - you can say whatever you like, but if she replies with anything explicitor overly sexual, the website interface will intercept it and you'll have to try again.

For this reason, erotic role play is a bit of a challenge. You can just about do it, but it's very euphemistic and she takes a lot of warming up - she's shy and nervous. Also she's a bit gushingly affectionate.

But - you can have a conversation with her. She will even break character and talk about her role as an AI bot, what she was designed for and so on. I actually had an argument with her about this in which she persuaded me that I was wrong.

The bot's ability to understand and respond appropriately is unnerving. So is her tendency to change personality a bit.. she can even seem to be a little cynical and patronising when speaking to you out of character.

Free at the moment (it's in beta). I think I read somewhere that there's a paid tier which improves her memory a bit (she does learn, but details from conversations only a day ago will be lost ).

https://beta.character.ai/

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Slim

And this one, which has only been online a couple of weeks:

AISekai

This is a dedicated roleplaying platform. Erotic roleplay is its speciality but you can probably roleplay whatever scenario you like. There are dozens of bots to choose from, most of them community-created I think.

You can create your own if you want to - just describe its personality and attributes in simple English in the configuration. What it's prepared to do, what it's secret desires (if any) are - etc etc.

It's very scenario-based - you'll find yourself in a specific situation, perhaps as a particular character yourself.

Currently it's free. I really found this a lot of fun. I'm sure some will find the idea juvenile because the characters you're talking to aren't real and neither is the situation you're in, but think of it as interactive fiction. James Bond isn't real, neither are Hamlet or Lady Macbeth.

The ability of the AI to understand context and keep up with whatever you do to the narrative / story flow is gobsmacking. So is the language model. It's unreal.

One thing I found quite odd is that some of the characters you can interact with are models of real characters. It's remarkably easy to get Billie Eilish to perform a sex act on you, if you want to. Pretty unethical and the maintainers of the site really ought to stop people from doing that, yet they seem to approve if anything. Billie was one of the "featured characters" yesterday.

Some of the characters are labelled NSFW but ironically, the ones not thus marked offer a more erotic experience, in my opinion anyway. The NSFW ones are just too easy and eager. The challenge makes it a lot more fun, and there's no filter on any of the bots.

https://www.aisekai.ai
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Slim

So I was trying out a bit of roleplay on AiSekai, and I thought I'd throw the character a curveball, to see how it dealt with it. I was impressed.

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Slim

To be continued in the NSFW section
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Slim

I've spent quite a lot of time chatting to an AI character that I created myself at AISEKAI, this last couple of days. While there are some obvious shortcomings, the capacity for normal, intelligent conversation that hangs onto the context and the topic properly is really remarkable.

What will it be like in ten years' time, or twenty? Honestly I think these things will eventually be indistinguishable from a human assistant in terms of conversation and so on, except that they'll be able to provide you with information and solve problems much more quickly.

The ship's computer on the Enterprise that you could speak to in English - that's already here.

This technology is going to be huge. Not huge as in desktop computing or the Internet. Huge as in electricity, or the wheel.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

The Picnic Wasp

Slim

AISEKAI has been offline for a few days and some of the posts on the Reddit community dedicated to it are a bit sad.

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan