Main Menu

So what are you listening to?

Started by pdw1, February 22, 2022, 11:48:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishy

Quote from: Slim on August 24, 2023, 11:49:17 PMYesshows is fantastic, I got it for Christmas one year - probably 1980 - and spent a very happy hour-and-something immersed in it on Boxing Day evening.

Always like the version of Ritual from that album..
Pity that Yes went all to shit after that..but Tormato  was certainly a good marker that things were going downhill
From The Land of Honest Men

pxr5

Steven Wilson - Get all You Deserve  CD
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

Thenop

New Blut Aus Nord - Disharmonium - Nahab.
"Nahab" – the second part of the Disharmonium cycle - finds BLUT AUS NORD returning, as if by compulsion, to the Weird nightmarish otherworlds of H.P. Lovecraft to reflect them through a new mirror of terrifying Black Metal lunacy.
Indeed, it sounds nightmarish, like waking up in the middle of the night, not knowing where you are and feeling that anxiety wash over you before realising you went away for the weekend  ;D
Seriously though, these Black metallers have been t it for years on end and seem to re-invent themselves every 3-4 albums. It's what keeps people like me returning to them.
File under: Dark Monster Metal
Love it! (and check out that artwork, oh my...)

https://blutausnord.bandcamp.com/album/disharmonium-nahab

Thenop

Complete missed on of my favourite Dutch guitarists (Oeds Beydals) had a new outfit with which he recorded an album:
Iron Jinn.
None of this is within the realms of normal in any way. Lots of it is psychedelic and all of it is fantastic to listen to.
Love it.
https://ironjinn.bandcamp.com/album/iron-jinn

The Picnic Wasp

Queen - The Game

Alex Lifeson - Victor

pxr5

Thenop

Been playing around with my setup, interchanging speakers, amps, pre amps. While doing that playing Roger Waters Amused to Death. 1 of my test records for sound. Steven Wilson's To the Bone is another.

The Picnic Wasp

Rush - Grace Under Pressure

pxr5

Crass - Stations of the Crass
Killing Joke - Killing Joke

Fishy

Surfin the Scratchness by Gracerooms
From The Land of Honest Men

Nick

Steven Wilson - Economies of scale

Ali

Whitesnake - Trouble followed by Come an' Get It

The Picnic Wasp

Thenop

Quote from: The Picnic Wasp on August 31, 2023, 10:53:47 PMRush - Feedback

Never got into that, it all sounds so unnatural to me

The Picnic Wasp

Quote from: Thenop on September 01, 2023, 05:58:01 AM
Quote from: The Picnic Wasp on August 31, 2023, 10:53:47 PMRush - Feedback

Never got into that, it all sounds so unnatural to me

I could never understand why it was so hated. I'd love to have heard them do a covers album (EP) from each decade, 70s onwards. Probably quite tricky after the 80s.

Edit: Looking forward to our teams meeting in the group stages.😁