Main Menu

So what are you listening to?

Started by pdw1, February 22, 2022, 11:48:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thenop

Just about everything in an attempt to get to know my Focal Bathys headphones. I am trying to sort all of this without EQing either the headphones (which is possiboe but very rudimentary thourgh an app) or any of the apps I use to listen to music (Ppoeramp, Hiby Music or Mango player). All of this on my iBasso DX180 player that I am very pleased with.
So far I have found that for these headphones anything with a good midrange tonality such as piano, and especially vocals open up details hidden in the mix I never heard before. Remarkable.
Acoustic music in general sound fantasic on this thing, I tried some Wovenhand and was not disappointed.

Since I will be commuting by public transport as of the end of the year I am trying to find a good setup for that. So far I have a set of in ears wireless, wired and now this one (ANC bluetooth over ear).

Now, to continue with some David Sylvian then.

David L

Quote from: Thenop on October 14, 2024, 06:26:54 PMJust about everything in an attempt to get to know my Focal Bathys headphones. I am trying to sort all of this without EQing either the headphones (which is possiboe but very rudimentary thourgh an app) or any of the apps I use to listen to music (Ppoeramp, Hiby Music or Mango player). All of this on my iBasso DX180 player that I am very pleased with.
So far I have found that for these headphones anything with a good midrange tonality such as piano, and especially vocals open up details hidden in the mix I never heard before. Remarkable.
Acoustic music in general sound fantasic on this thing, I tried some Wovenhand and was not disappointed.

Since I will be commuting by public transport as of the end of the year I am trying to find a good setup for that. So far I have a set of in ears wireless, wired and now this one (ANC bluetooth over ear).

Now, to continue with some David Sylvian then.
Focal make great headphones. Love my Elegias!

Fishy

From The Land of Honest Men

Fishy

Horacee Arnold – Tales Of The Exonerated Flea
From The Land of Honest Men

Thenop

Miles Davis' Star People. Hadn't heard that one in full yet, and I love it. It's a bit experimental, even for 1983 and a continuation of his mid 70's work, but somewhat more modern. With Al Foster on drums and the fantastic guitar duo John Scofield and Mike Stern, what could go wrong?

dom

Airbag - The Century Of The Self

pdw1

Queensryche - Bridge single (remember them) with lots of live b-sides recorded in London at a gig I was at)