Fred Wesley and the Horny Horns - A Blow For You, A Toot For Me
Air - Moon Safari

Fishy

From The Land of Honest Men

pxr5

The Blue Nile - A Walk Across the Rooftops  a stunning album

"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

The Picnic Wasp

Quote from: pxr5 on September 26, 2024, 01:05:18 PMThe Blue Nile - A Walk Across the Rooftops  a stunning album

Your post immediately reminded me of something I posted earlier about The Blue Nile. Please excuse the indulgence of me re-posting the tale, but I was staggered to notice that that post was from very nearly a year ago. I would have guessed three or four months if pressed. Why is time accelerating?

From the Kiss Studio Albums Thread.

Please excuse this detour. From the 80s onwards I regularly used a hairdresser in Glasgow's west end. Long story short we would exchange gig stories and we had similar tastes in music except he was a massive The Blue Nile fan and would always talk about their recent music. I drifted away to other establishments but went back there just prior to lockdown. He immediately started to tell me his Paul Buchanan tale. Again, keeping this short (it's a Kiss thread) he had a number of coincidental bumps into his hero, in a shop, another quick nod and hello again on the street and if memory serves a brief conversation at a party.

One day Paul popped into the shop to see him and was annoyed when my hairdresser said he had bought tickets for an upcoming TBN concert. At the concert, Paul sought out my mate and his wife and arranged for them to attend a post-gig back stage get together. They were a bit stunned by this so joined the party, had a couple drinks and slipped quietly out.

A while later Paul visited the hairdressers. He asked why he and his wife had left before they got to speak to each other and my pal explained he didn't want to impose or outstay his welcome when there were a number of celebrities around and they felt a bit out of place. Paul said to him, "but you're my friend, they were just guests". He was on cloud nine and no wonder. His hero declaring his friendship for him. The stuff of dreams.

Thenop

New the Cure single - Alone. I think I like it, always been partial to the band, not all of it is good but surely Disintegration is a dark masterpiece. Need to hear this a bit more but if this is the direction of the album I am happy (in a dark kind of way, don't want to be to happy when listening to the Cure)