Main Menu

So what are you listening to?

Started by pdw1, February 22, 2022, 11:48:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pxr5

"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

Nickslikk2112

Richard Wright - Wet Dream (Dolby Atmos mix)

David L

Church Of The Cosmic Skull - Is Satan Real?

David L

Journey - Freedom

First listen. Liking the fact that Schon's guitar is turned down considerably compared to the last two releases

Thenop

New David Gilmour singles. Hadn't done so before, no need. But he has 3 out now, and I figured why not?
Single 1, The Piper's Call (yes, I know) is mostly an acoustic driven affair, with a nice arrangement. harmless.
Single 2, Between Two Points is sang by his daughter, she has a good voice, nothing earth shaking, we won't be seeing her in the charts any time soon, but again, harmless.
Single 3, Dark and velvet Nights is a bit more upbeat, has some more guitars in it and has a bit of that contemporary retro sound. Again, harmless.

I won't be pre-ordering this, I need to listen first and then some more times.
What don't I like? Well, again it's harmless, but it's samey to all his other output and I am not sure whether I need another album.
What do I like, the production is excellent. I absolutely love the drum sound on these singles (1 and 3 mostly) but hey, what's not to like, it's Steve Gadd!
And of course, he still has that solo sound, and I love that as well, always have.

I ave seen him say in interview he 'really believes it's the best thing he's done since DSotM', but then again, most people consider that PFs highlight anyway so that would make sense?

Anyway: if you really dig Golmour and his Floyd era output, have a listen. If you don't, nothing's changed.

Carry on/

pxr5

David L

Frank Marino & Mahogany Rush - Live

Nickslikk2112

pxr5

Fishy

From The Land of Honest Men

pxr5