Main Menu

So what are you listening to?

Started by pdw1, February 22, 2022, 11:48:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thenop

Started with Bobby Hutcherson's Happenings, now onto Wayne Shorter's Night Dreamer.

pxr5

"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

Nickslikk2112

Yes - Fragile (Steven Wilson Dolby Atmos Mix)

pxr5

pxr5

David L

Cold Chisel - Swingshift
BÖC - Ghost Stories

Fishy

From The Land of Honest Men

pxr5

pxr5

dom

Just listened to Stationary Traveller.  I never really explored Camel and perhaps I should have.  I listened to the album as the title track comes up on spotify playlists every now and again.  As does Echoes which I also like.

Back in the day when my main educator in Rock Music was Tommy Vance of a Friday night (and occasionally Alan Freeman with his show on Capital) I used to record songs I liked the sound of on a c90.  I was always very dilligent on avoiding any dj speak over the recordings but this sometimes caused an issue with not knowing what the song or artist was.

One example was a song by Tangerine Dream - I remembered it was them but not the song.  That finally came up on Spotify 4 or 5 years ago - White Eagle.

Anyway back to Stationary Traveller.  The introduction to one of the songs started to ring bells - really started to sound familiar as the vocal started - and then the chorus "Cloak and Dagger Man" - a song I recorded 40 years ago finally had a name and a group associated with it.

There's one more still unkown  a song by Eloy.

dom

Slim

Quote from: dom on July 04, 2024, 03:23:50 PMJust listened to Stationary Traveller.  I never really explored Camel and perhaps I should have.  I listened to the album as the title track comes up on spotify playlists every now and again.  As does Echoes which I also like.

I listened to Rain Dances earlier in the year and found it a bit meh. I do like some of their stuff but haven't listened often. I'll give Stationary Traveller a go in the next few days, I think.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Thenop

Dark Side of the Moon. It's been a while... this is the 2016 cut LP with mastering from Bernie Grundman. Sounds fantastic. Just a regular retail priced LP, superb.

pxr5

I really like Drifting Sun, but this 1999 album - On the Rebound - is their best which was never equalled after their 6 year break.

Drifting Sun - On the Rebound (LP, 1998)
BC, SPO

Generated at awesomeprog.com

Nickslikk2112

Yes - Fragile (Cut by Bernie Grundman from the original Analog masters)
Gentle Giant - The Missing Piece (Green vinyl)