pxr5

"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

pxr5

pxr5

Thenop

Nickslikk2112

Robin Trower - Bridge of Sighs (2024 remix)

dom

Nickslikk2112

Quote from: dom on June 14, 2024, 07:09:18 PMKlone - Le Grand Voyage
Having seen Klone five times now I really ought to become better acquainted with their oeuvre; but I can't be arsed, they're French...

dom

That doesn't surprise me in the slightest Nick!

Nickslikk2112

Pink Floyd - Obscured by Clouds
Kraftwerk - Autobahn
Opeth - Deliverance

Nickslikk2112

The Picnic Wasp

Quote from: Thenop on June 05, 2024, 06:04:04 PMThe Hunt - the Thrill of the Kill. Old school Canadian hardrock.

I'd never heard of them so had a listen. Excellent. Takes me back to all those early 80s pub gigs. Great times, at least the ones I'm able to remember.🍺🍺🍺

Thenop

The Messthetics and James Brandon Lewis
Extraordinary album, The band is ex Fugazi members (90's punk'ish'rock band form the States, but then the kind that have actual instrument control) with gifted tenor saxophone player Lewis. Intriguing stuff. Sometimes reminds me of a King Crimson improv, then it's 70s jazzrock/fusion, but overall wildly original and intuitive music.
They have a sense of melody and also the gift of breaking out in somewhat more Avant Gardish type of music. Really lush sounding as well, a wide open production that will do well on big speakers. You can feel the room ambiance.

Must seek out the LP, on Impulse! no less.
Highly recommended if you want to break free form the everyday regular listening.

And guess what? They are on Bandcamp! Three Sisters is probaby your gateway in, the smoothest of them all.

https://themessthetics.bandcamp.com/album/the-messthetics-and-james-brandon-lewis

pxr5

pxr5

Nickslikk2112