The FiFA World Cup, Qatar 2022

Started by Slim, November 10, 2022, 02:42:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt2112

Fell asleep through much of Cameroon vs Brazil (been a long week) but awoke to see the last 20 minutes.  Pleased Cameroon won the game and they can leave the tournament on a high - unlike shithouses Uruguay, of course.

pxr5

Bums. Going to form at the moment with both USA and Australia losing. It was so close at the end for the Aussies - I would have loved to see extra time. A real shame about that soft goal they gifted to Argentina too.
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

Slim

I enjoyed that one. The 'roos gave a good account of themselves but Argentina were undoubtedly good value for their win.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Matt2112

Yes, very enjoyable game: Messi still looking on a different level to everyone else and an exciting plot twist in the latter stages.  Dramatic, crucial save to deny Australia right at the end.  Great stuff.

pxr5

Poland playing like they expected to lose. France were good of course, but the Poles were dire.

dom

Mbappe takes your breath away. Both with his pace and the power and accuracy of his shooting

Matt2112

Would anyone fancy Stones and Maguire up against Mbappe and Giroud?

Thought not. :-\

dom

pxr5

dom

One decent move by England and now they appear to have kicked into gear

dom

Bellingham is a special player

pxr5

I take it back - a good win in the end and the curse of ITV maybe gone for good (I'd still prefer to watch on the BBC)

Slim

Was pleased to see England manage the game in the second half, pinging the ball around themselves. Subdued the temperature of the match nicely.

But wow - if the Senegal fans can do this, why can't we have the Black and White Minstrels back?

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

Matt2112

Snoozeball with errors and misplaced passes for most of the first half but a change of style and two well-worked quick-fire goals knocked the stuffing out of Senegal.

Managed the game well second half.

The next test will be fascinating; prevail in that and England have a great shot at winning the competition.

David L

Quote from: Matt2112 on December 04, 2022, 10:26:10 PMSnoozeball with errors and misplaced passes for most of the first half but a change of style and two well-worked quick-fire goals knocked the stuffing out of Senegal.

Managed the game well second half.

The next test will be fascinating; prevail in that and England have a great shot at winning the competition.

If Southgate has any sense, the instruction will be "nobble MbappĂ© in the first 5 minutes"....Giroud in the second 😆