The FiFA World Cup, Qatar 2022

Started by Slim, November 10, 2022, 02:42:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishy

Quote from: dom on November 28, 2022, 10:19:03 PMMe either. I think Ronaldo makes them dislikeable
Yes the fact he tried to cheat his own team mates over that goal last night makes him a bit of cunt really
From The Land of Honest Men

dom

Permutations for tonight. USA have to win but a draw might be enough for Iran if Wales don't manage to win. Wales hoping for a draw in the other group game and then a win against England will put them through. England have the easiest task.  Ensure they don't lose by 4 goals. If that extremely unlikely event happens, England will be definitely out. One of those evenings when you need a screen for each eye.

Slim

Imagine Wales go one up in the first half .. they cling on doggedly to their lead in the second half.. USA and Iran play out a drab 0-0 that ends after 93 minutes but there's still another 12 minutes of stoppage time in the Wales / England game .. if the boys in red can just hang on .. they're struggling to get the ball out of their half .. it's like the Alamo .. Wales concede a corner in the dying seconds of the game although in truth, the ball didn't touch Williams and it should have been a goal kick .. Trippier floats it in  .. it's chaos in the six yard box .. Maguire just manages to connect with it with a glancing header and the ball rebounds off the far post, then in off the back of Danny Ward's head .. the ref blows up .. England and Iran are through to the knockout stage! Thanks for coming, Wales!

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

dom

I like it.  Not sure Maguire does glancing though? He might crash a header against the crossbar and then in off Ward's head

Fishy

This stage onwards the World Cup start to get far more interesting..Iran or USA deserve to go thru with England  .. they've played much better football than drabby Wales and Bale is average at best

Matt2112

Start with a straining-at-the-leash Foden and England might cruise to a victory tonight.

Drop Sterling tonight, preferably at Hamad International where he can revel in his role as a spare part on a Farnborough-bound Learjet.

Matt2112

Good second half from England; showed up Wales for being the worst team in the tournament they surely are. 

Sorry...were. 😬😉

Fishy

pxr5

Easy in the end. Punters saying Wales played with passion - no they were poor, really poor. Bale and Ramsey mia again. Neither should have started.
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

Slim

It's a shame Bale got taken off in the second half. Wouldn't have made a difference and that's probably his last international game. And who knows, maybe he'd have come up with one of those special moments.

This was my 2112th post!
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

dom

Wales very ordinary and England dispatched them with relative ease. Tougher tests await but I think Southgate's men will be there or thereabouts come the middle of December

dom

Deschamps' decision to rest 9 players for the Tunisia backfired somewhat although the rest may prove beneficial over the tournament. A few of the replacements didn't cover themselves in glory and probably won't feature again. Felt very sorry for Tunisia to have beaten the World Champions and still get knocked out.

pdw1

Shock news - French B-team beatable.

Fishy

I hope Poland get about 10 put past them.. been bloody awful and dull as fuck .. not keen on Argentina either really...

Fishy

Quote from: Fishy on November 30, 2022, 06:24:01 PMI hope Poland get about 10 put past them.. been bloody awful and dull as fuck .. not keen on Argentina either really...

Take it all back .. ridiculous penalty fuck the argies..