The FiFA World Cup, Qatar 2022

Started by Slim, November 10, 2022, 02:42:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pxr5

My word. Spain: 82% possession against Costa Rica. That has got to be one of the most one-sided games I think I've ever seen. At least Costa Rica could have shown some aggression, but they were so passive, almost expecting a battering.
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

Fishy

We all supporting Canada.🙄. they're doing very well at the mo... apart from the penalty save...
From The Land of Honest Men

Matt2112

The officials have given them almost nothing, including somehow not awarding a stonewall penalty even after a VAR review. >:(

Matt2112

Canada deserved at least a draw there. Yes, they didn't help themselves with some very frustrating overhit set pieces and wayward finishing, but they often took the game to Belgium with some attractive football and major decisions which looked blatantly wrong went against them.

pxr5

No way was that a penalty for Portugal. Ronaldo diving is better than Tom Daley, what a to$$er. And why didn't VAR step in - football really needs to sort this out, it's a joke.

Fishy

dom

I think Queiroz is right here. Very unfair for the BBC journalist to ask the Iranian player such a politically charged question that could have endangered the player and his family.

Surely it breaks the BBC charter that is bring so heavily advertised at the moment...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2022/nov/24/carlos-queiroz-iran-confronts-media-southgate-afghanistan-world-cup

dom

Quote from: Fishy on November 24, 2022, 10:11:11 PMBrazil second goal..WOW...

It was brilliant. Strange that he rarely shows that kind of  ability when playing in the Premier league.

Fishy

Not watching the wales game but is Gareth's hair ok?

David L

Quote from: Fishy on November 25, 2022, 10:47:08 AMNot watching the wales game but is Gareth's hair ok?
Bun Watch:

With each game the bun is slowly making its way towards his forehead  ;D

Fishy

After that result he can spend even more time with his hair..

Slim

H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

dom

98th and 101st minute goals. Tough on Wales. It's looking like a bit of a damp squib for them after the 64 year wait.  Not that they weren't already, but they will now be even more desperate to put on a good show against England.

pxr5

Wales were pretty shit tbh - did they even have a shot on goal? Iran always had the edge and were deserving winners.

Now to watch Qatar go out.

Slim

I believe there's an improbable chain of circumstances that would see Wales go through to the knockout stages; obviously it includes beating England in their last group game.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan