The FiFA World Cup, Qatar 2022

Started by Slim, November 10, 2022, 02:42:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt2112

Quote from: David L on December 04, 2022, 11:44:12 PM
Quote from: Matt2112 on December 04, 2022, 10:26:10 PMSnoozeball with errors and misplaced passes for most of the first half but a change of style and two well-worked quick-fire goals knocked the stuffing out of Senegal.

Managed the game well second half.

The next test will be fascinating; prevail in that and England have a great shot at winning the competition.

If Southgate has any sense, the instruction will be "nobble MbappĂ© in the first 5 minutes"....Giroud in the second 😆

Fine in theory, but you have to catch him first. :)

Walker lost his duels with Sarr last night, so that doesn't bode well.

pxr5

A shame for Japan, but their penalties were awful. Croatia have a history of doing well at ET and penalties, so I suppose Japan can only blame themselves for not going for the win in normal time. Both teams looked tired by the end, which only helps their next opponents - likely to be Brazil.
"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

David L

Quote from: Matt2112 on December 05, 2022, 09:29:46 AMWalker lost his duels with Sarr last night, so that doesn't bode well.
Yes, that was easily noticed

Matt2112

As if Brazil haven't been dazzling enough, I have a decent-ish Samsung telly and no amount of tweaking in long shots seems to reduce the "glare" from their day-glo yellow. :o

Fishy

Do we really need a dance from them after every goal ffs...
From The Land of Honest Men

Matt2112

For the amount of time all that took they should have all been booked.

pxr5

The Koreans should have kicked off and scored a goal in an empty net whilst the Brazilian tarts pranced around the side lines.

dom

Morocco vs Spain is the last chance of a shock in this round.  I think its a possibility too.  I put Portugal vs Switzerland as evenly matched even though tradition would say that Portugal are the stronger side.  They haven't shown that so far and if they persist with Ronaldo I think they will perform poorly.  His ego is getting in the way of everything at the moment.

dom

Morocco defence and goalie way too complacent. This is Spain they are playing, not Wales!

Fishy

Wow Spain gone ...was not expecting that ...terrible penalties from them..
From The Land of Honest Men

dom

I really thought Morocco had a chance. They were superb defensively. With Switzerland or Portugal coming up in the quarters they could well end up in the semis

pxr5

Wow@Spain - Who would have thought? Terrible penalties by Spain (apparently practiced a 1000 each before). That final Moroccan penalty was just taking the piss.

pxr5

Oh how Spain wished they'd played like Portugal are right now (currently 3-0, 4-0 against Switzerland).

dom

Was not expecting this. I really thought it was going to be a very tight affair.

pxr5

Morocco have only conceded 1 goal in 4 games (including the penalty shoot out with Spain), and it was an own goal against Canada.