Main Menu

Peter Gabriel tour 2023

Started by Fishy, November 08, 2022, 03:34:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishy

From The Land of Honest Men

captainkurtz

Quote from: Fishy on November 08, 2022, 03:34:03 PMLive nation pre sale 10th Nov
On sale now via his own mailing list.  Tickets are very pricey - £191 for my ticket at Manchester.  Got front row centre which eases the pain a little.  Even the crap seats are a fortune...

Fishy

Quote from: captainkurtz on November 08, 2022, 04:29:24 PM
Quote from: Fishy on November 08, 2022, 03:34:03 PMLive nation pre sale 10th Nov
On sale now via his own mailing list.  Tickets are very pricey - £191 for my ticket at Manchester.  Got front row centre which eases the pain a little.  Even the crap seats are a fortune...

I'm not paying that .. fuck  him...

David L

Quote from: captainkurtz on November 08, 2022, 04:29:24 PM
£191! Middle class or what?  ;)

captainkurtz

Yeah it's expensive - but the cost of putting on these kinds of shows must have grown exponentially in the last decade.  Post covid, promoters are probably taking a gamble as well.  Levin and Gabriel are both in their 70's, so it's got to be worth their time.  He's not doing an Ian Brown - that band he has playing with him are absolutely world class.

I've seen Peter Gabriel 4 times, he's absolutely world class and luckily I don't really have any other hobbies - nor the time to pursue them...

Generally though, I am cutting down the number of gigs I attend for a variety of reasons...especially 'away' ones.

Fishy

Was almost tempted this morning but thought better of it.. sorry Pete ur too fucking expensive mate

Ali

To think the first time I eventually got to see him, in 2003 on the Growing Up Tour in Manchester, they were actually selling the tickets for half price 😵

To this day, it remains one of the finest arena shows I've ever witnessed 👌

Pudders

Quote from: Ali on November 10, 2022, 10:47:51 PMTo think the first time I eventually got to see him, in 2003 on the Growing Up Tour in Manchester, they were actually selling the tickets for half price 😵

To this day, it remains one of the finest arena shows I've ever witnessed 👌

Saw him on the Still Growing Up tour for free - they gave away production seats on the morning of the show to folk on the mailing list at the time!