Voyager 2

Started by The Picnic Wasp, August 01, 2023, 05:37:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Picnic Wasp

I hope that there isn't another thread for this from days gone by. This makes me very sad. I'm not sure why as it's only another man-made device of which we have plenty.

Voyager 2: Nasa loses contact with probe after sending wrong command https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-66371569

But farewell, and good luck out there, after we're all just a memory chip in some other device.

Fishy

It resets itself in October so all might not be lost
From The Land of Honest Men

pxr5

"Oh, for the wings of any bird other than a Battery hen."

The Picnic Wasp

I wonder why this got to me so much. Might be a loneliness thing. Something put together by man being so far from home. I suppose its mission goes on for eternity.

Thenop

Quote from: The Picnic Wasp on August 01, 2023, 08:52:06 PMI wonder why this got to me so much. Might be a loneliness thing. Something put together by man being so far from home. I suppose its mission goes on for eternity.

You are starting to sound like Tom Hanks talking to a volleyball.

The Picnic Wasp

Quote from: Thenop on August 01, 2023, 08:57:35 PM
Quote from: The Picnic Wasp on August 01, 2023, 08:52:06 PMI wonder why this got to me so much. Might be a loneliness thing. Something put together by man being so far from home. I suppose its mission goes on for eternity.

You are starting to sound like Tom Hanks talking to a volleyball.

Willlssssooooon! 😂

Leave me alone you strange man who enjoys cycling in a country with no hills. 😉

Slim

Not eternity. Its atoms will decay and there'll be nothing left one day. As we discussed in the Voyager 1 thread.

Perhaps "one day" is the wrong turn of phrase there. More like an unending night.
H5N1 kIlled a wild swan

The Picnic Wasp

Quote from: Slim on August 02, 2023, 09:39:44 AM
Not eternity. Its atoms will decay and there'll be nothing left one day. As we discussed in the Voyager 1 thread.

Perhaps "one day" is the wrong turn of phrase there. More like an unending night.

Oh yes, I remember that piece you posted. I'd never read anything like that before then. That everything would one "day" be nothing. Not a concept that any human could possibly understand. I suppose all we are is an existence in solid, liquid and gas. I think this is where my illogical belief stems from. An eternal existence bringing something from nothing with an inherent reason of good over bad. The sky fairy that you describe.

The Picnic Wasp

Phew! It heard a louder shout and is now pointing back correctly.